Flowers of the Forest...in memory of RiverRat

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DFlynt, Jun 28, 2013.

1. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

We've lost a member of our FTF family

Tri70 posted over in the Range Report section, that RiverRat68 passed away on June 15th, Tri confirmed it with River's daughter

R.I.P. RiverRat you will be missed.

2. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My condolences and prayers to the family.

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

May he rest in peace.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am so saddened by this. River Rat and I formed a friendship when he was in rehab and his dog accidentally got sent to the pound. I made some phone calls out to Las Vegas and helped secure the dog until his friend can pick the dog up. RiverRat made arrangements to have the dog flown to me should anything happen to him. I wonder where the dog is. If his daughter or friend is keeping Toby, that's fine. I just hope it didn't end up in the shelter again.

Can someone confirm with his daughter where Toby is? River Rat had it all worked out with an airlines to get the dog to me. But someone would have to initiate the transportation.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it is a sad day to find out one of our members has passed on.

RIP RiverRat.

Attached Files:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Rest in peace!

Here is hoping RR is floating a nice river through some groovy scenery in whatever hereafter there is.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I hope he finds peace. My condolences and prayers to the family.....

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

RIP RiverRat

Keep the range in Heaven warm for us.

WOC keep us posted on Toby, I hope you get him.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

vvery sad

Although i did not know the man this saddens me nevertheless, because he had to be agood person if he was owned by a dog. Rest in Peace brave warrior

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

RiverRat steps into another dimension. May he remember us as well as we remember him. :)

11. winds-of-change

I am absolutely torn up here. I just checked my gmail, which I don't check very often. There was an email from River Rat telling me he felt he was dying and wanted to send his dog to me. It is dated June 12th. I can't stop crying. I let a good man and his dog down. I can only hope I can find Toby. I can't tell you how grief stricken I am.

Can anyone help me with this quest?

12. winds-of-change

Seriously. I am losing it here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should pursue this?

13. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

PM Tri70, maybe he can give you contact info for RR's daughter.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Don't beat yourself up Winds; you have been pretty busy lately. You can get this done.

If we need to take up a collection for doggie transport, I am interested in contributing.

15. winds-of-change

Tri70 is keeping in contact with me as I type and he is doing all he can for me. If that dog went to the shelter, I will have a very hard time forgiving myself. I sent River Rat a PM on May 7th and he was status quo, which wasn't the best of health but he was living independently with a watchful eye of his friend who holds the info and money to ship Toby to me. But that friend is out of the country for two weeks.

Why didn't I check my gmail more often???? River Rat was counting on me and I let him down.

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Winds, it will work out. you have a huge heart and to even offer was gracious. just keep in contact with TRI70 and it'll be alright. we all get busy and have lots going on. don't beat yourself up over it. keep the faith girl.

17. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

WOC it is hard to express the amount of respect I have for you, the convictions you feel for the promise you made are truly inspiring.

I'm with Orangello!!

18. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

God bless and fair tides river rat. We will all be with one day.

19. winds-of-change

i found an old email between River Rat and I discussing having the dog shipped. In it was the name and phone number of the friend who would be shipping the dog. I called him and was able to reach him. He didn't even know RR had passed as he was in Europe at the time. He is making calls and following up tomorrow morning. He suspects the dog might be being cared for by RR's boss. I'll know what's what tomorrow.

20. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Let us hope this is true! :)