Florida to Review Stand Your Ground

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Daoust_Nat, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Time for me to start writing letters again. I'll need to explain to my elected reprehensible that Zimmerman was not a Stand Your Ground case as there was no available avenue of escape.

3. 1911love

1911love New Member

Exactly Doc, Z was self defense, not SYG. These people are beyond stupid. SYG favors the victim, not the criminal. Why would any LAC want to give criminals more power.

I've got news for all those Dream Dummies: Even if SYG is repealed, no LACs are going to retreat, they will simply be sued into poverty by the criminals family. Bad guys are still going to die if they attack an armed Floridian just like now.

4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, the weak-kneed leadership of the FL legislature caved in to the damands of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

5. Daoust_Nat

Time for All of us to start writing letters again. You know Obummer is behind this to mask more gun control.

Excuse the He!! out of me, standing your ground is a basic human right. Who wouldn't leave if they could, but a lot of people cannot. Either due to age, circumstances or other reasons.

Ah, hey, this is preaching to the choir. Lets get those letters out.

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

It was done to get the morons out of the state capitol.

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

Those Dream Dummies were tresspassing. They also protested for hours on the Capitol steps the night of the verdict without a permit. They broke all sorts of laws and cost us Floridians over $200K.

IMO their ability to act out like this with NO consequences sends a strong message to white people in Florida. Apparently you have to be white to be held accountable for your behavior.

8. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

"elected reprehensible" - now THAT'S funny! Permission to use that, Doc?

As far as the article, what did anyone expect? A special-interest group that all white politicians are scared to death to stand against screams at the top of their lungs and keeps screaming with no one opposing them or telling them to shut up. So the politicians do the only thing they can do -send it to committee for rereview. This will tie it up for months or years and the public will either forget or not care when the committee tells them what we already know.

The best thing we can do, even those of us outside of Florida, is write to Florida Representatives and tell them how damaging their giving into this racist terrorism will be to their state, and in principal, to every other state that has established SYG laws. There is no crime in NOT retreating from a criminal, no matter what his skin color happens to be.

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

THAT is a perfect point to make to your representatives. Put that in a letter or email and send it to them! Make sure to mention that you're a VOTER and will be watching his voting decisions VERY carefully to decide his next term.

10. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I will be writing letters and sending emails.These friggen morons blaming our "Castle Doctrine" have niether taken the time to read exactly how the law reads and nor do they care.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Betcha that "review" goes absolutely nowhere.

"Okay folks, we took another good hard look at it, we still like it, get over it."

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't think anyone is "caving to Jackson." There is a debate of the general population of Fl. over whether a person should be able to create a dangerous situation, then claim self defense, if it blows up in their face.

I do not believe any substantial changes will come from a legislative review of the law.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Pepper spray would have worked.:D

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I dunno Fl law well enough to know if that is an issue.

Here in WY, the aggressor cannot claim self defense. To me, that is a very good law.

In all of the evidence that I've seen, Martin was the aggressor. Simply following someone is never justification for physical attack. Even verbal abuse does not usually rise to the level of justifying physical assault.

FL law must be quite different.

15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Go right ahead and use it. Just be glad I cleaned it up to what I ended up posting.

We had committee meetings, public forums, and Lord knows what else on SYG before the trial. It passed muster, then, and I believe it will pass muster again. I would hate to go back to the time we were legally obligated to retreat our butts right out of our own home if someone broke in.

16. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

So who created the dangerous situation? According to the police tape it wasn't Zimmerman. Remember now, he was acquitted. The people on the jury had a lot more information than any one of us, and they reached a verdict of not guilty.

For your reading enjoyment:

Did you catch the part about A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be?

17. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks Doc for the statute for others here not in Florida. SYG has NEVER allowed a person to "pick a fight", get in over their head and claim SYG after they shot the other guy. This is all made up by the media and anti-rights people since SYG was passed in 2005.

What these people need to understand is the only reason they should be scared of people like me is if they try to rob/rape/murder/asault/etc. me or people I'm with. Don't commit a violent felony in Florida and you won't get shot(unless by a criminal).

I thought the announcement of the review would clear out the Capitol. Apparently not. Those sorry excuses for citizens are still there. When confronted about all the rising costs associated with protecting the Capitol from them, their "leader" said, "We can save the taxpayers some money by reducing the police presence. We are capable of policing ourselves." Did I just hear that correctly? A criminal telling people to send the cops home bc they are able to police themselves.

And then to top it off Jesse "I Don't Work" Jackson compared this to Selma, AL in the 60's. I don't recall police sicking dogs on these people in the Capitol and beating and abusing them just because they were black. Florida has allowed food and water to be brought in and hasn't abused any of them. A far cry from Selma if you ask me.

18. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

SYG is a huge turn around from what we had not too long ago, as is our version of the Castle Doctrine. To think that the law required us to abandon our own homes if possible so the criminal could plunder at will. Ridiculous.

Did you know the duty to retreat allegedly existed to protect the homeowner? I heard one cynical old cop explain that it was put in place to protect you from lawsuits. You let the punk take everything you have now so they don't have to sue you for it later.

My personal opinion is it's about time we returned some rights to the law abiding person and took them away from the criminal. Of course we do seem to have a problem identifying exactly what a criminal is in this country. I mean, illegal immigrants are not criminals, so I guess that guy helping himself to your property and you wife isn't, either.

19. Daoust_Nat

20. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Hey Chain,

Think about what you wrote above and then read this:

http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/freedomline/current/in_our_opinion/florida-self-defense-law.htm

There is also a link for the four page document that explains the law. No where in it does it say that we Floridians have the right to create a dangerous situation and then claim self defense.