Florida Stand Your Ground Trial

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JoshH, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshH

JoshH New Member

I have been watching the bond hearing for George Zimmerman on court tv. Its amazing how these commentators are ready to hang this guy before the trial starts. Of course when the defense attorney they have on as a guest says he thinks the case may be thrown out before it ever goes to trial the other members of the panel about s@#%t their pants! He was not given another chance to speak after that. What happened to the burden of proof and right to a fair trial in this country? It's pretty obvious the only reason he was charged was to avoid the "blacklash" brewing. I just wonder if we will see riots when he is acquitted.

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Unfortunately when it comes to non-black on black crime, innocent until proven guilty simply doesn't exist.

I think everyone here agrees that zimmerman should go free, i just hope the people deciding his fate open their eyes and do the right thing.

3. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

On the news last night they actually showed pics of the back of Zimmerman's head moments after the shooting. It was very bloody.
    It seems to me the prosecutor had him arrested after bowing to political and social pressure. It had nothing to do with right or wrong.
    I lived through the LA riots after the Rodney King debacle and I have a feeling Florida is going to find out what it was like. Not to mention places like Chicago, LA and a few other cities around the country.

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Tell me again what "Stand Your Ground" has to do with this incident, media hype aside?
    What little clear info I've gleaned from all of the noise is that Zimmerman was on the wrong end of a beat down and put a stop to it. SYG is not a player in this.

Check this out:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/20/Dershowitz-prosecution-immoral

More to follow...

5. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Part of the reason I chose to move to Utah from Minneapolis is because I was sick of dealing with the blind eye approach to dealing with crime and racism in the city. I have members of my family who are half black and my wife is half Spanish so my kids have Hispanic blood but the whole white guilt thing is getting old! When will the people claiming to be discriminated against stop the hypocrisy and quit the racist actions against white people? Funny the people who claim to be against racism like Sharpton and Jackson are the biggest hate mongers out there! SMH at what we have become:(

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

This is one jury-duty I'd love to serve on!

It's coming folks, maybe not this time but soon! I'm very interested in this course of justice outcome for more reasons than being a resident down here.

I know for a fact that the Florida locals will not put up with an LA, loony left, Rodney King riot. I think it will go quite differently.

And inquiring minds are asking, "Why are gun and ammo sales through the roof?" Do you guys really believe the TV talking head's answer that we're worried about a second term and the return of gun controls? NOT! It has to do with self-protection.

Self-Preservation is a "Natural Law". What is "Natural Law"? It's something that's unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

7. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Not to mention groups like the NBP (new black panthers) are allowed to openly put a death bounty on this guys head and no one says s@%t about it! If some Neo-Nazi group or the KKK did this it would not take long for the wrath of god to come down on them. Where's Obummer with his speech against these clowns?

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Violent crime on the whole, in Florida is dropping like a rock, compared

to the rest of the nation. We are allowed to defend ourselves.

Criminals are afraid to break the law here, because they know

their death will be final, and they will not be missed. Literally or

figuratively speaking.

Violent crime in Chicago, Il., and Camden, N.J., where gun laws are the

strictest, is on the rise. You don't like crime-free Florida? Move to

Camden or Chicago...

Then, when your wife gets raped, or your daughter gets shot,

you can call the police. They'll be along to take your account of the

incident later in the day.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've been of this same opinion since I first heard about this. Something about this story smelled from the second it got aired - guy shoots kid and the police let him go? weeks go by and he is not charged with a crime? So what do the police and prosecutor know that the media is NOT reporting? Again - Zimmerman is a nobody, knows nobody, is connected to nobody ... and he get a pass for shooting a teenager ... why? :confused:

This is Bernie Goetz all over and Sharpton is adding fuel to a fire that the black community has no idea how to control. If there are riots if/when Zimmerman gets acquitted the outcome will be one that blacks regret for a long time :(

10. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

You're kidding right? Hell half the people on this forum were ready to hang the guy without a trial. :(

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i myself am not aware of all the facts, and only believe maybe half of what the media is reporting about the incedent, but i will say this, if he is guilty then he should be punished as he would be deserving of the punishment, but if he's innocent, then yes, he should be acquitted of all charges. i just hope that the prosecutor didn't bow under to media hype and charge him with a crime and hope everything comes out fine in the end just to appease those up in arms over him shooting the boy.

just curious as to what Nancy Grace has to say about the trial? knowing that liberal, she would already have the noose around his neck! i really can't stand her and her holier than thou attitude.

12. Millwright

Millwright New Member

The "SYG" issue isn't in play in this case ! OTOH, "self-defense" in an in extremise situation may apply ! >MW

13. m72law

m72law New Member

When zimmerman was ''let go'' with his firearm,the night when this all took place,I knew then he was in the right...as for the media/NCAAP trying to change the way the public looks at this (story)....facts first,fiction later.p.s. anyone seen the pictures of the back of zimmerman's head before his medical treatment? & the judge set his bond @ 150,000 not the 1,000,000+ all the libs was hoping for:p

14. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Zimmerman is innocent. The NBPP Should be arrested for putting a hit out on him.

15. Axxe55

the thing that bothers me, is that they weren't compelled to arrest him after the incedent, have waited until now, why! is the prosecutor trying to allow a jury to decide that he's innocent and they know he is and putting the burden on them because of racial tension? or media pressure?

maybe i'm old-fashioned, but shouldn't a case be decided on based on the facts? i mean, Zimmerman shot Martin. well it's either he was in the right or he was wrong, period. if it was a rightious shooting, drop it, if not then he should be punished for the crime, period. bringing all the race cards into play just seems rather stupid and counterproductive. then all that does is stir up emotions to illicit violence, so that people can justify that the case is based on a white man shooting a black boy. i work with several black men who think that playing the race card is a copout and a sham. one of them even went as far as to say when these types of situations occur, makes him sad that he is black. the other said that any case should be based on facts, not color.

16. Todd_

Todd_ New Member

One of the biggest things that irk me is people refer to Martin as a "boy". He was 17, and taller than Zimmerman. The media only showed his photo from when he was young, around 12 or so, and so everyone got up tight because it showed a picture of Zimmerman, in his prison oranges, right next to a 12 year old boy and it said he shot him. It doesn't show the 17 year old Martin.

When he was released at the scene, that told me what I needed to know. He was busted up, and if you get knocked out, what says the guy isn't going to kick you in the head a few times and turn you into a vegetable? Some people say you can't bring a gun to a fist fight, but if the other guy starts it and is beating you to the point you fear for your life.... Shoot him. I have seen plenty of people killed by beat-downs where they kicked him/her to death..... Or worse, right in to vegetable status. This kid was beating the **** out of him, he was fearing for his life, and regardless of if he should have stopped the kid to talk to him or not, he was in fear for his life. Unless irrefutable proof comes out that his story about Martin snapping and hitting him without provocation and Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense while fearing for his life, I don't see a way for him to be found guilty (barring media and racial interference that would prevent him from getting a fair trial).

17. mrnole2u

mrnole2u New Member

Zimmerman's arrest is purely political. I believe he should not have followed that 17 y/o man (he was not a boy!), but I also believe Zimmerman had every right to defend himself when attacked. His not being arrested that night speaks loudly. Sharpton and Jackson don't give a damn about Trayvon they live for the attention. This was publicized solely because of the racial issue.

If Zimmerman had not been armed, he would have been killed or severely injured, and we would never had heard of the incident.

18. Todd_

Todd_ New Member

And even if we had, to raise up a flag and ask what the hell happened would have been racism in action, since we are questioning a black man after he beat a white man. Double standards FTW!

19. Axxe55

even if Zimmerman is guilty of shooting Martin, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson could care less. they are nothing more than media circus hounds who are there simply to stir emotions and fan flames of racial descontent for their own agendas. this isn't the first time they have done it, nor will it be the last. the case needs to be decided on the truth and the facts and nothing else. the media puts the slant on it as if those who carry guns are nothing more than vigilantes and those making a race issue are in for the media spotlight. i say this, let the truth come out and base the outcome on the facts. maybe Zimmerman should have waited for the LEO to show up and let them handled the situation. maybe Martin felt like he was being profiled and attempted to defend himself. there seems to be a lot of speculation on many peoples part as to what really happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.