Florida Stand Your Ground Review

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Daoust_Nat, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, here in the Gunshine State the unthinkable has been forced by the Revs Jesse & Al. In the wake of the Travon Martin debacle here, they are reviewing the Stand Your Ground law. I don't hink it will do anything, but they are reviewing the law before the court case to see if it was a justifiable shooting.

Since the Special Prosecutor did not use the grand jury for an indictment, it makes you wonder if she had enough evidence to convince a grand jury to indict. It looks to me that Brother Zimmerman is going to pay either in criminal or cival court to pander to the protesters.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm following this closely.

We don't need to give-up any hard gained freedom because Al is on another crusade.

Attached Files:

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Still doing better than us. Because of this Florida bs it is highly unlikely it will get passed here at all.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

All you gun toting folks in Florida need to get a petition together and title it "Politicians who put Stand you Ground Law under review" and proceed with a recall of every last one who participated! ;)

Fight fire with fire ladies and gentlemen, it is all that the elected understand :cool:

5. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

I whole heartedly believe he is screwed either way it goes. Because I see only 2 fates for him.

Fate 1: he is found guilty for one reason or another and goes to jail for a short while. Then after being transferred to a prison to serve his time he is beaten to death by a black gang that thinks he is racist. Not good.

Fate 2: he is found not guilty and is relentlessly perused by a mob because the media can't leave it alone. Where he will eventuality be forced to commit suicide or flee the country. Equally not good IMO.

I will be surprised if this man lives what even resembles a normal life. As for the law changing, who knows I've seen crazier things happen even in my short lifetime.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Liberals; 'I don't like guns, so I'm going to send people with guns, to take away yours'.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+1

This is why I tell anyone that will listen, "Be 100% sure your go criteria is met before you draw your gun. Have a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. Once you draw your gun, your life will change forever; therefore be sure that the decision to use your gun is worth the price you'll be forced to pay!"

8. richone

richone New Member

any thoughts on the shooting in upper mobile bay. girl was with 3 teenage boys where trying to break into a camp. some people where staying a another camp and heard the noise and came over to to what was googing on . the guys spotted the kids and fired some shots to scare the intruaders off . but one bullet hit the girl in the back of her head and ..now she is in a coma with little chance to survive! should any charges be filed against the shooter?

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

got a link to the story? :confused: If so why not start a new thread for a new discussion :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm gonna sound like an a@%hole here. No the shooter should no be hit with charges imo. Yes its sad that the girl was the one that caught the bullet but she was accessory to b&e and what could have ended up as a violent crime. I feel for her and her family but maybe its about time these teens start to smarten up. If you are not invited onto someone's property you don't belong there period. If you are accessory to a crime you are still a criminal and still going to face the consequences. The other members of her party should be charged with her death.

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That is a great post. I'll be sharing for sure. I had already had background info on the kid and trust me he was a little scumbag. This is the first photo I've seen though. Now I can back up my platoon even better.

13. utf59

utf59 New Member

Getting back to the original subject, I think it's clear that somebody wants to railroad some changes through. They're putting the commission together swiftly to take advantage of the media attention, I'm sure. But they're reviewing a law before it's even had a chance to be put to the test. If Zimmerman had claimed temporary insanity as a defense, would there now be a panel reviewing psychiatric laws in Florida?

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Remember the politician motto "Let no crisis go to waste".