Florida is Number One!

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Doc3402, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Well-Known Member

Yea strangely enough I'm the only person my age I know that carries. Even those with kids. But then who knows if I hadnt had a gun stuck in my face twice in 1 year maybe I wouldn't either.

2. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

This is excellent news for us Floridians. :D I wonder how long this accolade will last with Illinois coming on line CCW permits? ;)

3. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

That's the point, though. You're the only one you KNOW who carries. The rest of them just don't let it be known.

4. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude Member

Very good point, I doubt anyone but 1 of my neighbors knows I do, and more than a few others who would probably be shocked to know that I do.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Only my closest friends know I carry. My neighbors would have no idea. I am just a defenseless grey haired old man. (with a 1911)

6. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Didn't the Illinois Supreme Court just overturn earlier decisions to not allow concealed carry in the state of Illinois ? You should be able to carry there soon. I believe they have 180 days to draft a bill and get it on the books.

7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I'm pretty much the same way. My close friends and my close relatives know I have the permit. Nobody except my daughter knows whether I use it or not. Concealed means concealed, whether it's by words or action.

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

From what I can find out, yes it does. 117,595 of them are non-resident permits. I guess that shoots the 1 in 19 stat unless it's snowbird season. Thanks for asking. It's an interesting point.

9. bonney

bonney New Member

Vermont lets anyone CCW, no permits, never has had any, and it's a real hotbed of violent crime, right? :) Just like Portugal has no dope laws, and it's similarly an out of control society, right?

10. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude Member

Wow, I did not know Vermont had no permit requirements. Learn something everyday!

11. 1911love

1911love Active Member

Believe it or not more and more young people like myself are packing in Florida. I take every opportunity to help and encourage people who are new to this. Florida is indeed a great place!

12. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Hey Doc 3402

I'm one of them. I just got my permit here in Pensacola and I carry a m&p shield 40. I'm still trying to get use to the IWB holster at the 3 o'clock position .

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Why, thank you, OP. We do try our best.

Everybody carries in my neighborhood.

It's so quiet, peaceful.

Take a noob shooting today. It will preserve our

legacy, tomorrow...

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just to clarify the comment on NY state being unfriendly on CC. The closer you get to the liberal sh!t hole on the SE end of the state, the harder it is to get a CCW. On the western end, it is a lot easier to obtain one. NYS Pistol Permits are not recognized in NYC, but the state recognizes theirs.:confused: In the rest of the state, your permit is for life, and the only restrictions on where you can carry are:

Banks, courthouses, state and federal buildings, and schools. If you carry while in your vehicle, the weapon must be on your person, not your glove box or console if it is loaded. Unloaded in a case is fine, but you must have a permit to buy or own a pistol here. Also, open carry is not allowed by law. LEOs tend to "turn the other cheek" When you are out in the sticks or at a range. In the city, npt so much.

Yes, NY's gun laws suck, but those who can obtain a CCW can carry almost anywhere. This even includes places where alcohol is served. Anyone want to take a guess as to why the wife and I drink at home?

15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Welcome aboard, and where did you find a Shield .40? We still aren't seeing them around here.

I can't get comfortable IWB at 3 o'clock. I can do it all day long at 4:30 or so with a 1911, but 3 doesn't even work with an LCP.

16. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Thanx. Got it at Mikes Outdoors in Pensacola.

17. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

[​IMG]. Oops. I messed can someone delete this. I'm a newb lol

18. charlesmar

charlesmar New Member

I applied for Florida ccw. They are sending me finger print kit in mail. I live in Oregon. Got ccw here, adding Florida covers me in wa and many other states.

19. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Florida has reciprocity in many other states, but there is something you need to be aware of. Many states do not honor the non-resident Florida carry permit. Check your local listings and the laws of the states you wish to use your Florida permit in. There are reciprocity differences between Florida resident and non-resident permits.

20. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

The article says about 10% are out of state.