Florida Deer Hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by michigan0626, May 12, 2012.

1. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Has anyone every hunted for deer in Central Florida? Specifically Green Swamp?

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Been 25 years back and I here tell its way different today with more digging for fill and more land added. Hunting was good back then. Bet its nothing like it once was.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The deer population has exploded in central FL over the past 25 - 30 years, I am amazed at the deer I see in places where none existed when I was growing up there. Not the biggest deer in the country, but my brother in law has taken some decent bucks in Sumter County.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

One thing I do remember was it seems all the deer taste good down there. They have an unending and varied supply of food compaired to many states. It does seem many more deer in about anywhere you go to hun in any state compared to 20 to 30 years ago..

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I am not familiar with that part of the state, but up in the panhandle, we are over-run with the deer. My wife has run over three in the last 5 years, and that is not uncommon for us country folk. It is a rare morning that I don't see deer on my drive to work. There is a lot of public hunting land here as well.

6. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I hunt in the Green Swamp. In the early part of the season I believe there are more hunters than deer.
    cottontop