Florida Becomes More Gun Friendly

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

New York Times article today http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/us/11guns.html?_r=2&hp

I do have a problem with the act of firing a gun into the air being legal. It is stupid and unsafe in any populated area. But if we could get this sort of thing working in Cali I would support it despite my one grievance.

2. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

Well I might need to go celebrate on Oct 1st and fire my gun in the air *facepalm*

In all seriousness, I live in Florida and had a friend hit by a falling bullet. He's ok but please don't do it just cause you can.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's good to live in the "GunShine" state - cane

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Years ago when I was a kid my two brothers and I were shooting our Bear bow and my oldest brother (I'll call him Dim Bulb) gets the bright idea to shoot an arrow up into the air. He fires one straight up. A second or two passes after the arrow goes out of sight before he yells "RUN!!!!" and we all three take off in different directions.

Dim Bulb was running full tilt and he ran into the falling arrow with his shoulder. It left a red mark where it burned him.

The clincher to the story is that Dim Bulb is now an MD. That's right, he's a Doctor of Medicine and has his own practice. Yet at 12 or 13 years old he was so dumb he shot himself with a bow and arrow.

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh, and the smartest thing to do would have been to stand where we were when he fired the bow. I was only 10 at the time......

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i agree totaly with florida's new law. negligent discharge of a firearm where someone gets hurt or property gets damaged through recklessness still applies. shoot a gun in the air and the douchebag that did it will still end up in prison for homicide if someone dies. it just removes a huge layer of unneccessary bullsht.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A couple of years ago, a resident in Pensacola (a nearby city) shot into the air to "scare" away an individual he thought was taking something from the yard. At 4 (or so) in the morning. Turned out that he threatened the paper carrier. He shot in the air because he was not sure of his target and wanted to "send a message".

8. moonpie

moonpie New Member

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Know your target at all times....up in the air is a ..BIG..TARGET...that you don't know......