Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love flashlights, think they're a highly underrated tool. Like to keep one in car, bed side, with hiking gear, and toolbag. My problem is that I've yet to find that right medium where brightness, cast/throw, strobe options, and battery life are all sufficient. I've got some super high lumen count that have a short cast/throw our no beam adjust. And I've got little ones with decent lumen, short cast, good strobe options.

I'm looking for suggestions on a good pocketable light with a strong throw, high lumen and beam adjust and/or strobe.

Does anyone remember when Flashlights power we'd rated in "candle power"? Lol 1 million candle power. Hahahaha I'm glad they've moved onto lumens.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love flashlights, think they're a highly underrated tool. Like to keep one in car, bed side, with hiking gear, and toolbag. My problem is that I've yet to find that right medium where brightness, cast/throw, strobe options, and battery life are all sufficient. I've got some super high lumen count that have a short cast/throw our no beam adjust. And I've got little ones with decent lumen, short cast, good strobe options.

I'm looking for suggestions on a good pocketable light with a strong throw, high lumen and beam adjust and/or strobe.

Does anyone remember when Flashlights power we'd rated in "candle power"? Lol 1 million candle power. Hahahaha I'm glad they've moved onto lumens.
You don't see adjustable beams a whole lot anymore, but honestly I haven't missed it on my light that has an orange peel reflector. I still have a maglite for my car though, I figure if I ever needed to I could use it as a weapon.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I keep a Streamlight Stinger DS on my headboard 315, 175 & 58 lumens, plus Strobe. An Ultra Stinger in my car 230 lumens. Also a high intensity pocket light when I am out.

I have been using streamlights since they came out when I was a young cop.

·
Banned
0 Posts
i have two Streamlights, an older Stinger and a new Stinger LED C4. Streamlight makes a very high quality flashlight and i really like the options you have for recharging them. i have vehicle mounted chargers in both my trucks and a wall mounted one inside my office. the PiggyBack charger is the way to go! charges the flashlight and the spare battery stick.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Got a couple for my 2nd summer job, night golf course maintenance. Wouldn't do it if it weren't for the free golf. Lol. Well, that and I can drink on the job, nobody there but me.
Nice..........

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice..........
It is... gorgeous landscape, clear sky with no telephone poles or wires obstructing view, and gas powered golf carts with no Governors on them driving in the dark. Wish I could quit my day job, live in a state where is always summer and do this for a living. I'd die a happy man. Lol

Is the simple things.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
It is... gorgeous landscape, clear sky with no telephone poles or wires obstructing view, and gas powered golf carts with no Governors on them driving in the dark. Wish I could quit my day job, live in a state where is always summer and do this for a living. I'd die a happy man. Lol

Is the simple things.
Well, I won't object to drinking while playing golf (heck, that was my handicap when I played:D) but drinking on the job? Not so much.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I won't object to drinking while playing golf (heck, that was my handicap when I played:D) but drinking on the job? Not so much.
To each his/her own. For me nothing beats a lunch break under the stars with a couple beers. No lunch break I ever took even touches that.

Anyway back on topic, recently picked this up for the nightstand... It's just a 9 volt with this little glowing attachment. Had two light output levels, amazing beam on high. Great for getting around the house at night.

Dang, app says pictures won't post without crashing, but then each attempt shows up. Latest update has ruined this app...

Called Pak-lite

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Streamlight LED Strion for work, LED Stinger for my MADD & auxiliary constable duties and a Ultra Stinger for around the house as well as a couple of older "C" and "D" cell Maglites although they don't get much use anymore.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Costco in my area has 250 lumen lights that are pretty decent. They don't have the focus beam feature but they have high, low & strobe and they run on 3 AAA batteries which is convenient and inexpensive. They are 3 for $19.95 or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts