FL "Loud Music" Murder Trial

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Feb 6, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The trial of Michael Dunn for the murder of a teenage vehicle passenger will soon get underway. Dunn had an altercation with the vehicle passengers because of their loud music. Dunn fired eight rounds into the vehicle, killing 17 year old Jordan Davis. Dunn claims the teenagers had a gun: Police found no gun.

Dunn did not call the police, he drove off.

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I knew it. You can only subject society to loud crappy music for so long before they go insane.

3. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I personally think the guy is an idiot. It was just loud music ( which is annoying sure but .... ) Taking a human life over decibel level is just rediculous and makes lawful gun owners look bad.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

When you invade some ones space for any reason it pays to think first.:eek:

Attached Files:

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree. i hate loud music and loud stereo systems that you can hear half a mile away. but shooting into another car over loud music was a strictly douchebag move. i hope they stick this idiot in prison for a long time.

6. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'll show you "Bass Beat"...

Seriously, though, this is the more unstable element starting to snap at the continuing degradation of human and social values. The more one ignores not only the rights of others but also a politeness in public places, the more likely the fringe of society will start to snap and we will see these unfortunate incidences happening. It is wholly unacceptable and illegal, but it does show the limits of humans sharing highly populated areas. The more that the Golden Rule tarnishes, the more these incidences occur.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Hang on just a minute here. First, let me say that this guy is probably guilty, but there are some pieces missing. He states that what looked like a shotgun was aimed at him. The media is reporting that no gun was found "at the scene", but what the media is failing to report is that both vehicles left the scene. This could plant reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors. Personally, I think the guy is guilty as hell, but proving he did not act in self defense is going to be iffy.

As a side note, civil suits have already been settled. This also makes him look guilty. Under Florida law you are immune from civil litigation in cases of self defense. They probably can't bring this up during trial, but the media was full of this story within the past month.

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Why did he shoot into the vehicle again as they fled?

no offense and none taken

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

So, these guys, they are both parked at a gas station/ convenience store,

for the few seconds it takes to buy something in the store, and depart,

and the one guy shoots the other guy over loud music?

This might make sense, IMHO, if these victims went to the shooter's

house, and were playing loud music into his bedroom window, from

his lawn.

Just from what I can glean from news accounts, this guy was manufacturing

an excuse, and was awfully quick on the trigger.

Hey, go into the store, buy your stuff, get into your car, drive away.

If the loud music sucks, it won't be there for long.

This is the kind of Wild West crap that gives all responsible gun

owners a black eye. What makes him think he can pass judgment on

society? This is the kind of "Black Bart" crap which gave the "Wild West"

a bad name, in the first place.

10. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

The story was they were both at the gas station and the victims buddies were playing obscene rap music at obscene noise levels. He asked them to turn it down since his GF was in the car. They refused and allegedly pointed a shotgun at him. He drew and fired in fear for his own life.

Okay, that's the story. Here are some other facts. Both cars left the scene, and later the one with the body in it returned. The shooter went to a motel with his GF and was arrested the next day in another county. He did not call the police at all. There was also another car tied to the victims group at the gas station which left at the same time. The defense is alleging that that car met the one with the victim and removed the shotgun to an unknown location. At that point the car associated with the victim returned to the gas station.

As I said earlier, I think Dunn is guilty. If it was a good shooting why didn't he report it? Why did he leave the scene and the county? Why didn't the woman in the car with him call police? The whole thing stinks, but the actions of the victims friends may give Dunn an out.

I guess the biggest question in my mind is, where the heck are Al and Jesse? <grin>

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yes, well, Axxe, here, at the gentler, kinder, FTF, we now prefer

the term "wash-satchel" ...:D

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This was obviously reported in a "Slanted" manner for gut reactions. The story implied here is an act of gun violence. These "children" were victims of the high availability for firearms. A gang related shooting becomes a tragic act of gun violence. Most people will never look beyond the liberal medias reporting. :(

13. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

wow.

just wow.

some of these posts are bothering my more than a bit. :confused:

i don't know all the facts, so i admit that. but even joking about a kid who appears to have been killed over irritating music, is really really WRONG.

this loss of basic dignity and respect is disturbing! this kid has a family. he was likly a young teen. i played the crap out of loud music as a teen. i was an obnoxious teen like the other 70% of teens/young adults....its what they do. it isn't life threatening normally...(well, loud music NEVER is)

NO GUN found! No threat found! this seems like a clear cut case of psycho killer who needs to ride the lightning.

this guy decided he should tell someone else what to do....and he had NO RIGHT or authority to do so. a sane person calls the police at most.

somebody's kid bled out and died for playing loud music....but don't let me stop the jokes. :mad:

we have some irritating moronic posters on this board.....do they deserve the same treatment for irritating others as well? :confused:

again....sad to see the posts i am seeing. many of you are very detached from the reality of this. maybe if it had been your son or nephew shot dead unarmed for loud music, it might hit home? :confused:

14. hawkguy

who's space was being invaded here? :confused:

this guy apparently shot an unarmed teen, and drove off w/o calling the police? and i am hearing jokes and comments about how irritating loud music is? it sounds eerily like a justification from some of you. (not calling out any individuals)

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why do you presume this was simply a murder? This appears to me to be a "Turf" war. These primitives mark their space like a Coyote "Pees" on a stump. Invasion of space in that environment is a challenge. There was ample opportunity to dispose of a firearms before the police was involved. This was reported to get a fast reaction. I am surprised they did not blame George Zimmerman.:eek:

16. hawkguy

s
    i'm sorry stalker,but your none of your argument holds any merit at all imo.

people who kill in "turf wars" are normally charged with murder.

it seems you want to assume the teen had weapons when there is no evidence of this at all? isn't it innocent until.....? why are so convinced they might have had weapons at all when no evidence points to it? is it that they were teens playing loud music? funny, i never carried weapons playing loud music as a teen? or is there another reason you assume this? please explain.

you have a person who tried to tell someone else what to do (should have called authorities, not his job). shot and killed a teen and did not report it (wow, stalker...justify THAT ONE). no law abiding citizen should drive away from a shooting and not report it...unless.....:confused:

george zimmerman? this is a DESPERATE reach stalker. this has no similarities to the zimmerman case whatsoever. zimmerman was violently attacked....any evidence of that in this case? was this man injured? as for a gun, how hard is to SAY anything? murderers generally do not want to go to jail for their crimes...

i will say again i don't know all the facts....if he can prove his innocent based on self defense, then so be it. hard to see that possibly with what the situation appears to be.

just looks like a psycho who bothered someone else with something that was none of his business, and ended up ending a life. if some other fact shows up that would make me think otherwise, i would welcome it.

there is a reason life expectancy surveys will sometimes ask the question "how often do you get in arguments with strangers?"

the best policy is to leave people alone as much as possible. loud music DOES NOT hurt anyone.

i'm not saying i know he is guilty. the courts must do that, he is innocent until proven otherwise. i'm saying it sure its sure all hell hard to justify the shooting with the facts provided.

17. alsaqr

Yep, Dunn says he thought he saw a shotgun or stick.

Prediction: Dunn is going off to prison.

Is there something in the FL water that causes control freak nutcases to kill people for texting in movie theaters and for playing loud music? Here in OK 90 percent of the loud music comes from cars driven by young white guys.

18. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Kinder , Gentler FTF ?? Were not going to have to start wearing peace sign t-shirts and gather round while someone plays accoustic guitar singing about " lesbian seaguls fly fly away " are we ? I'm leaving if that happens. And seeing as I don't know what " wash satchel " means I'm going to have to agree with " douchebag move " . ;)

19. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

One thing every member on this forum should be wary of is making any sort of conclusion based on only reporting from the liberal media. Other sources should be consulted before any decisions are made that form an opinion. We can all be certain that, whenever a person with a gun is involved, the liberal media will skew the reporting to make them appear guilty, and if the opposing party is female, a minority or a teenager that it will be insinuated that they are an innocent victim. The media must report it this way to support Obama and the gun-grabbing, anti-2A agenda and keep up the "all gun owners are psycho killers" agenda. If news was about fair reporting, it would be noted that incidences like these are very rare on a per capita basis and violent crime has gone down as more citizens own and carry firearms.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that the liberal media always sensationalizes the "breaking story" when the fewest facts are available, and as investigators do their work and dig for the facts in the case, we hear less and less about it and it is no longer "front page" news. The only exception is if the liberal spin on the story can be maintained, i.e. Few facts can be determined and the sensationalism can be maintained. We hear 10-15 second sound bites and make determinations of guilt or innocence based on little or no fact.

We all need to withhold our initial judgements and look at everything fed to us by any single media source with a jaundiced eye. Gather from AP, UPI, CNN to get the left, but then also use Fox, Blaze and other more conservative sources. Even a turn through InfoWars and other radical sites can give you a different viewpoint to consider. Weigh the information based on reliability of the source and amount of factual data provided. If everything is just a reporter's conjecture, it's worthless. If there are independent witness statements, maps, video and evidence, the source is highly worthy. The last thing you need is more conjecture or other people's opinions when you are searching for the truth.

When the Zimmerman case was first breaking, 70% of the people I talked to had listened to the breaking news and had determined Zimmerman was guilty and the poor, teenage boy was a victim of gun violence. However, worse than that, there opinion was immovable once they based their decision on nothing but a reporter's conjecture. Even after an initial investigation, you must leave yourself open to new evidence and changing circumstance. An intelligent mind is constantly analyzing and re-evaluating to know the truth. There is no wrong in admitting you have changed your mind based on the totality of the evidence. You can even change it back as more is revealed - this is not being wispy-washy, just analytical as new evidence is presented.

I know nothing of fact in the FL shooting, which sounds as if it has little fact. It is fact that both left the scene. It is clear the shooter did not notify the police. There is plenty of reasonable doubt on both sides and I'm sure the Reasonable Man Test will come into play. But the last thing any of us should be doing is sniping at one another over a case that currently has more questions than answers. Let's keep open minds and use the forum for intelligent discussion about the facts of the case as they develop. :)

20. alsaqr