First XDm

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by kjamesp92, Nov 27, 2012.

1. kjamesp92

kjamesp92 New Member

image-1922377635.jpg

My new 5.25 XDm 9mm

2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Nice gun. Personally, I don't like XD's because the bore axis is too high IMO but the XDm Comp is a nice looking gun.

Congrats.

3. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

Beautiful piece, I would like to give the 5.25 a try (mine's a 4.5). You shall enjoy immensely for years to come.

Both of my brothers nay-sayed the XDm due to high bore axis...until they shot it.

4. WeeMan9194

WeeMan9194 New Member

Finally picked up my 4.5 inch .45 XDM!!!!

5. Arcadia65

Arcadia65 New Member

Congrats! :D It's a very nice gun, indeed. I put 50 rounds through a XDm 9mm 5.25 Comp a few weeks ago, fell in love, and now intend to buy one to replace my current duty weapon. Can't wait to get my own!

6. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

I'm pretty new and still learning what do you mean when you say high bore axis?

7. dedshot13

dedshot13 New Member

Well the bore axis is the line that passes through the center of the bore. Imagine a line passing through the barrel. On a Glock that line is closer to the top of your hand when holding the gun. On an XD the bore axis or line is farther away from the top of your hand.

8. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I heard the same but bought an XDM because Springfield is a great gun company and I fell in love as soon as I saw it. I love my XDM .40 3.8 and even had a friend that has been all about glock for the last few years buy an XDM compact and now carries it.

image-2939397538.jpg

9. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Awesome pistol, I picked up the all black version.

Attached Files:

10. tlmathe

tlmathe New Member

I also just picked up the XDM .40 3.8 all black. I haven't had the opportunity to put any rounds through it yet. I also got the laser/light system for it too. That is really nice. Thank you, this is my first sharing.

11. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Not to hijack the thread, but how are the holsters and mag pouches that come with the xd? They pretty good or worthless?

12. tlmathe

tlmathe New Member

They are usable probably get a different holster at some point though after I get my CCP.