First XDM

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by PADRE24, Feb 13, 2012.

1. PADRE24

PADRE24 New Member

Picked this up this weekend at a gun show. Already shot 100 rounds on the range and love it so far.

XDM .40

[​IMG]

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

padre, looks just like mine! i know what you mean, they are sweet shooting pistols. i have owned many different brands of pistols and have shot many different one in 40, and the XDm has got to be one of my favorites. the only other one better than the SA XDm is the Sig in 40. but much pricier. BTW, how much did it end up costing?

3. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats man I love mine also! :D

4. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

Mine's a 9mm 4.5", but I remember when I opened my box like that for the first time...such a thing of beauty! Enjoy!

5. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I have one as well. Very reliable but accuracy was just ok until 600-700 rds then it started to shoot well. would love to get adj sights and fiber optic front of 5.25 - be $$$. But that's what the custom shop is for.

6. whitelightning22250

whitelightning22250 New Member

I got the 4.5" barrel and freakin love it! XDM is a great company and make some great items. Mine was about 650$ at my local gun shop. Nice piece padre24! Happy shooting

7. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I guess I'm the only one who would prefer the 5.25 - built in adj. sights ($250) fiber optic front ($50) and they allegedly improved the trigger plus slide to frame fit a bit. In IPSC, I used a Colt and SW 686 w 6" and the longer sight radius helped me shoot better.

I have never understood while SA went w 4.5" for their XDM line ? Any ideas ?

8. Staestc

Staestc New Member

I am one who would prefer the 5.25 when I get an XDM. I don't understand your statement. The XDM is available in 5.25? Confused.

9. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I have the same thing, lots of goodies in that box. Congrats.

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Springfield Armory makes the XDm series of pistols. Lots of variations of barrel length and caliber. The 5.25" barrels are available, but more costly with a couple of the "options" delivered as standard. The plain vanilla XDm is around a 4.5" barrel. They also make a compact at 3.8" barrel (like my 9mm).

11. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Love my xd9sc. Wee bit too much for summer carry on hot hot days.

12. Wavenet

Wavenet New Member

Love the 5.25

Just got the XD(m) 5.25 9mm at the Novi, MI gun show last weekend...so I only have 250 rounds through it so far...but WOW!
    Shoots amazing groups at 12 and 25yds...haven't triads anything longer yet. Love the way it feels, looks and shoots. Front sight
    is really nice, and the trigger is super, won't need an upgrade there.

Attached Files:

13. Staestc

Staestc New Member

Congratulations! That's exactly what I want, only in .45. Beautiful gun!

14. Wavenet

Wavenet New Member

Just got back from the range ... Shot another 250 rounds.
    This gun is better than I am. I, am my shooting buddies, are very impressed with how this gun shoots.
    I won't say it's better than anything else out there...but I will say I shoot better with it than I shoot with anything I have shot before. Love it!
    XD(m) 9mm 5.25

15. 6shootersandw

6shootersandw New Member

Very Nice. I just picked one up Friday. I posted it. Great guns.

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Nice! I like the two-tones!

17. Whiteeye

Whiteeye New Member

Congrads on your new purchase. You will love it.

Attached Files:

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Hey from up in Lufkin :)
    I do love my XD 45 Tactical :cool: