First Toy Firearm

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

What was it?

Was it the original 50 shot hi-cap cap gun?

One of those revolvers with the plastic 8 shot cap ring?

Authentic squirt gun?

Do not post if yours had a blaze orange barrel plug.

2. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

My first toy guns where a cap revolver similar to a Colt single action with white grips and a replica of an Ithaca 37 that shot corks. I loved that shotgun! My grandfather had bought a bunch of them when I was born, so I had enough to last my whole childhood.

My mother used to hate my toy guns, she was a rabid anti-gun lefty until recently (she's still a radical leftist but she's not anti-gun anymore).

3. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

first one was uhhh......either one of those cap guns that used the paper rolls or a squirt gun.it's been awhile and i had a ton of them so i don't remember.

4. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Rubber band gun. I think it could fit some 20 rubber bands on it...

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I had a flintlock, came with the rod and cork musket balls, you tore off one cap at a time.

My father had the real deal, and I tried jamming a bunch of caps down the barrel for a powder charge, put the cork ball on top, but no hole for the ignition to take place.

Yeah, even then, I was lookin for trouble.:)

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Probably a squirt gun.

Were any of you kids around the mid 1960' when Mattel came out with their toy M-16 ?

What about Mattels sonic bazooka and pistol about in the same years?

They took the toy M-16 off the market within a couple of years of it's release

They took the sonic air guns off the market in about the same time frame due to kids blowing their ear drums out.

The sonic air bazooka was alot of fun.

7. p11shooter

p11shooter New Member

Orange Barrel Things

Crap! Mine was all orange does that count? hehe:eek:

8. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I had a cap gun, I also had one of those lever action rifles (Winchester I think) that'd fire when you pulled the trigger after charging it.

I also remember sitting up on the stairs in the prone position shooting at the Indians or Mexicans when I'd watch the Disney movies about Davey Crockett.

9. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Pot metal toy gun....

My first toy gun was one of those cap guns that used a paper rolls ....I pass it to my younger brother, I loved it :rolleyes:

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Kel tecs come in orange now?

Just kidding.

I vaguely recall the bazooka, cool as hell.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My first two guns came in the SWAT TV kit, along with some handcuffs and a holster for the pistol I believe.

I remember the pistol was a revolver, but the rifle was a full sized M-16 A2 knock off that had this internal sound box that would go "clack, clack, clack" everytime you pulled the trigger.

It was AWESOME. I used to have to be dragged from the front yard where I was shooting invisible invaders.

Ah good times....

Excellent thread idea Benning, as usual....

12. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I think my first was an official "Dick Tracy" detective kit, including a snubby .357 (yes, Dick T. carried a .357), tin badge & handcuffs, and two-way wrist radio. No orange plastic tips on the muzzles or our toy guns. Those came many years later. I wonder if that had any influence on my later career choice?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Two gun Matel Fanner Fifty cowboy rig, just like Hopalong Cassidy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9ojNddiSI]YouTube - Shootin' Shell 45 cap gun commercial ( Mattel )[/ame]

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I had the cowboy kit. 2 cap revolvers that used the rolls. I hated the red cowboy hat, tho. It felt good to load up and go blastin with both guns a-blazin'. Good times.:D

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Too many lost brain cells to remember the first, but I do remember some of the best.

Twin revolver cap guns, faux stainless and pearl handles, with leather holsters.

A solid wood and blue steel musket and matching pistol. We set up a fort to defend from Indian attacks. Grilled cheese and Ovaltine for the victors, and we were always the victors.

The James Bond replica water pistol.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Planet of the Apes was briefly a TV show, and they had a set that came with a gorilla mask and a Thompson. You pulled the bolt back, squeezed the trigger, and the bolt would advance forward, making a clacking noise. Neat thing was, you could fire burst, or spray and pray.