First timer

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jacobee21, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

I I'm looking to start carrying soon. I've shoot a 1911 and fell in love, But I was wonder what would be a good ccw built around they type of frame. I'm up for anything. The glocks, are wide. Why so wide? The main uses will be ccw and range time. Can never get enough range time.

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Welcome aboard the FTF! :)

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

A commander size 1911 makes a damn good CCW, find you a good IWB holster and you will be set

Welcome to FTF

4. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Thank you guys for welcoming me to the form. There seems to be alot of good info on here and MrWray. That's what I like to hear!!!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I just got a Sig P238. It's like a teeny, tiny 1911. :D

6. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Welcome to the FTF.

Commander size 1911's rock, several really nice one to choose from.

The Glocks are double stack mags so that adds to the bulk.

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

My favorites are the 'CCO' 1911 or lightweight Commander.

8. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Think I'm gonna go with the para pxt ltc 1911

9. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Yes wide but waaay lighter than an all steel 1911. Most people i hear that love 1911's dont carry them and weight is the main issue. But by all means if you can pull it off go ahead. Me personally, if they werent so expensive, i would like a micro S.A. 1911.

10. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

I have found you fan get anything if you can wait long enough ;) and thank you for your reply

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

ditto 1000% ;)

12. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Para pxt ltc is a commander style so I'm on the right track ?:)

13. fudo

fudo New Member

Colt LWT Commander is an excellent carry gun. Be sure you get a proper gun belt as well as a good holster. I prefer the belt from Looper Leather, in Okla. City.. Crossbreed holsters are excellent IWB holsters. If you can carry openly, paddle holsters are very comfortable to wear.

14. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Well I finally got the pxt and I think I did good. It shot great. Only problem is the ammo is going fast. Real fast and I love it

15. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Picking your first Concealed Carry Handgun can be a challenge. You want to find the right mix of reliability, stopping power, concealability, ergonomics, and accuracy. Plus, it has to be the right gun for your hands and your environment. Here's a write up on some things to keep in mind as you choose:

How to Choose a Handgun for Concealed Carry

Good luck! I'm thinking that a Ruger LCP or LC9 might be a good choice. But, I'm not sure about those short two-finger grips.

16. ffrandy

ffrandy New Member

I have a Glock 19 that I am going to use for cc. I am just unsure about the safety. Should I be concerned or should I go for something that is hammered.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Ruger SR9c has a thumb safety as well as the trigger safety. Easier to conceal than a G19.

18. doc2009

doc2009 New Member

welcome to the forum. If your rock a 1911 and you love it and want a good holster i would suggest the raven concealment phantom. I use it with my xd 45 4" and i am 6'4 190 lbs and i can conceal mine with my everyday shirts. The good thing about the raven concealment holsters is they are easily interchangeable from an OWB to a IWB holster. They are a litte expensive but it is all kydex and raven warrenties their products.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wife has had one for 2 yrs & loves it -
    I love her loving it because of the safetys :cool:

20. Donn

Donn Active Member

Practice/range time is the key to getting comfortable with any handgun. If you don't feel safe with the G19, definitely look for something else. That said, and this is just me talking, I feel safer carrying my M&P in C1 with no external safety than carrying my 1911 that has three.