First time with G19 ..

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Sh00tnButt, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Sh00tnButt

Sh00tnButt New Member

my brand new G19 shooting at 15 yds .. how many rounds until she breaks in? .. or i get broken in .. :rolleyes: .. started off single shots .. then tried double taps .. love this gun .. Molly sounds like a good name for her don't ya thunks?
    [​IMG]

2. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Sir; a good 'first'; or anytime outing:)

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's not bad at all at 45feet. You gonna shoot a bad guy 45 feet away? Try explaining that one. ;)

Looks like a good outing to me. How many rounds di you put through Molly?

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Looks good to me. Move up to 7yds. and work on squeezing the trigger. The Glock trigger took me a long time to get used to. No offense, it just looks like you may be "pulling" the trigger making the majority of your shots go to the left. I did the exact same thing.

5. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I had mine "broken in" after about 300 rounds. She shoots like a dream, now!

6. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

The 19 rules .... love mine just as much as my 1911s...:D

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Molly seems to be doing great. The G19 has been the best shooting Glock IME.

8. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

@15yds

@ 15 yds that score would put most guys I've seen at the range to shame, Good work there,

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Will we get to see Molly? ;)

10. Sh00tnButt

Sh00tnButt New Member

lets see if i can answer all the posts, which BTW i didn't anticipate such a response ..

Will we get to see Molly?
    http://www.webpik.com/images/19ik9Z0/61044/G19-PISTOL-2-002.JPG

Looks good to me. Move up to 7yds. and work on squeezing the trigger. The Glock trigger took me a long time to get used to. No offense, it just looks like you may be "pulling" the trigger making the majority of your shots go to the left. I did the exact same thing.
    none taken .. good advice .. thank you
    http://www.webpik.com/images/19ik9Z0/61015/G19-001.JPG

That's not bad at all at 45feet. You gonna shoot a bad guy 45 feet away? Try explaining that one.
    NO SIR .. am trying to improve my target shooting for our "friendly" old guys competition .. i did poorly with my sub compact gun for anything past 7 1/2 yds ..

Looks like a good outing to me. How many rounds di you put through Molly?
    as of yesterday about 150 rounds

thank you for the complements .. this is my first Glock and i am very impressed ..
    i was finally able to hit the target at 25 yds .. i can't even see that far .. :D
    http://www.webpik.com/images/19ik9Z0/61017/G19-003.JPG
    some of these old guys i shoot with are really really good .. i have a long ways to go .. :)

11. Sh00tnButt

Sh00tnButt New Member

my lady friend said "an extra inch does wonders honey" .. ya think she was referring to my height? .. :confused:

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Here ya go.
    [​IMG]

13. Eric76

Eric76 New Member

Looks Good! I would say 500 til its broken in.I think its a matter of breaking yourself into the gun too.It took me a few rounds to get used to griping it right.Now my groups are getting a little tighter at 15 yds.I need alot of practice ...It looks like youre doing good right out of the box..Have fun ...