First time shooter

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by 12fretter, Apr 9, 2011.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I took my wife to the range today and had her shoot my Bersa Thunder 380 (aka HER Bersa Thunder 380) and my Witness 45 ACP. She is a first time shooter and I haven't shot a pistol in 15 years, and only the Bersa at that. She loved the 380 and even hit the bullseye 3 times from 7 yards. I was impressed. She now goes by Dirty Karen. I found myself pulling the 45 and was (more or less) consistently hitting low left. But with the 380 I grouped surprisingly well after all these years.

We both can't wait to go back, if only it were closer to us than 45 minutes.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sounds like great fun!! A little over a year ago, I was totally clueless about guns. Now I want to shoot anything I can get my hands on.

I'm glad you and your wife had such fun together. Keep on shooting!!

3. opaww

opaww New Member

It's really great when family can enjoy the shooting sport together

4. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

"...Sounds like great fun!! A little over a year ago, I was totally clueless about guns. Now I want to shoot anything I can get my hands on...."

Exactly where I am right now. Which makes it even harder that I don't have a range nearby. Yesterday, for crying out loud, I set up a target in my back yard so I could hang my head out the window of our FROG with my BB rifle. Of course, I can't even see if I hit the silly thing unless I then sight through my 10-22 scope.

I got it bad.

ARGH...double post. Couldn't figure out the quotes thing. Sorry.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. winds-of-change

ROFL!! I'm hearin' you, brother. I got it bad, too. I don't have a range nearby, per se, but not too far. It's the cost that keeps me from shooting as much as I'd like. I really need to get me a .22 so I could buy some cheap ammo and shoot to my heart's content.

What the heck is a FROG?

6. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

FROG - Finished Room Over Garage. Maybe it's a southern thing?

7. winds-of-change

ROFL. Yes, it must be. Too funny!

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool beans. It's always great to introduce someone to the shooting sports. Especially since she will probably be much more positive about buying more guns. ;)

9. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

If only I had taught her how to play guitar!

10. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Yeah, but how many guitars can you play at once? . . . . . . . . Oh, wait, nevermind.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear she likes it, there are too many out there that don't.

WOC, I'd never heard of FROG either. Maybe it just hasn't made it this FAR south :rolleyes:

11. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I saw FROG on real estate postings when we were looking for house 17 years ago. That was in South Carolina.

12. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

I went to the range with my first AR 15 today. This is the first caliber above .22 I shot, and I was not expecting as much kick either. It did take some getting used to, so I understand haha. God they are fun, good luck with it.