First time out with my Sig 716

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by DP03, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DP03

DP03 New Member

First time I got to the outdoor range to site this gun in. Also first time using this scope (Vortex 2.5-10x 32mm). Love both!!

There's something about this Sig that just makes it enjoyable to shoot. Pic is @ 100 yds using a bipod up front. Not sniper material, but I was very happy with this setup out of the box. I'm convinced I'll be able to hone things in with a couple more trips.

Attached Files:

2. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I bet with some practice you will be putting them all inside that orange ring

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very nice shooting. Especially at that distance.

4. DP03

DP03 New Member

Thanks guys. I went with a Marine friend of mine, and he really liked the gun. We started to compare it to his bolt .308, but his scope was knocked out of site, and we ran out of time. Looking forward to some more range time.......

5. Brad_CCW

Brad_CCW New Member

I just got my 716 sighted in good. Bought it a few weeks ago. I'm not a very good shot but at 100 yards I was putting most of the shots inside of a 2" circle. I tried shooting some shotgun shells off a log at 100 yds. I hit about half of them. Still need to dial in the reflex sight on top of my scope for close range. I wasn't expecting quite so much recoil since I'm used to a AR-15. I was flinching too much during my first 2 visits to the range.

6. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

Exactly, Sig is fun to shoot with. And for your shots, you need a little more practice, you'll be good to go.