First time detail stripping my glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glockcoma, Nov 19, 2011.

1. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

Thats why i love glocks , simple, reliable and exstreamly easy to maintain, rugged and accurate, they can take a beating and will all ways work. Who eles is with me!!!!! Take it from me 17 & 23 lover....

ForumRunner_20111119_230129.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_230305.jpg

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

What did u do to make those marking whitish visible like that? Lovin it!

3. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

I am guessing white nail polish? Correct me if I'm wrong...

4. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Yes, its nail polish.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I find it funny that our ladies have a hard time keeping their nails from chipping, but we use the same stuff on guns and it does pretty well. :)

6. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

Its not nail polish guys, a lil crayon works wonders. And it holds up to range use i havent had any problems with it yet..

Glockcoma.....

7. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

It can be crayons and nail polish. Most people just use
    Crayola and wipe off the excess. I'm new to glocks too. Glock 23 gen3 owner now. Thing seems reliable as hell.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I guess you just didn't notice, it's his guns. He knows what he put on them:). I've used white crayon on my MN to make the markings stand out. I just get it the gun slightly warm with a lighter and then rub it in

9. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

white crayon works too...i done it to my glock before and it cleans off easy.

10. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

YES!!! i love the fact that i can detail strip my pistol and fix or clean whenever i need to. I think the frame is easier than the slide but i hear the frame can go thousands and thousands of rounds before it needs cleaning.

11. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Gun slightly warm, that's actually a good idea. I learn tricks from here every day.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just helps to soften the crayon a bit, then rub it in with your thumb.

13. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

For me, I use nailpolish on my MN due to the heat issue. If you put some serious round through it I find that the crayon just rubs off since it's practically liquid by about 30 rds. For the glocks, your frame hardly experiences much heat so either works...