First time AR buyer. Please leave feedback.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by I_walk_that_line, Dec 21, 2009.

1. I_walk_that_line

I_walk_that_line New Member

I am looking at purchasing a Stag Arms Model 1 AR. I have not personally owned an AR and am looking at this weapon as a first. Can anyone help me with the Stag Arms manifacturer. I am not very familiar but have looked them up and everything is pretty positive. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am a deputy sheriff and would like to use it in that manner and for some occasional recreational shooting.

2. RMTactical

RMTactical New Member

Good company to deal with. They are the brand I think offering the best bang for the buck in the AR15 world.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

I've got a Stag model 2 (same as the model 1 but without the detachable carry handle) and it has been great. Very accurate, extremely reliable, no ftf/fte's. Stag makes a solid product -- outstanding value.

4. I_walk_that_line

I_walk_that_line New Member

Thanks for the comments, still feel free to leave feedback if you know about this weapon. All is much appreciated!

5. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

I bought a Stag 2TL this summer. I have put nearly 1000 rounds through it, no malfunctions, and it's got me hooked on ARs

6. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

I have a few of the stags. but if you plan to go with optics later, get the model 2 since it comes with back up flip up optics. great ar and to me its under priced for the quality.

7. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

I've never owned one, but I've also never heard the first bad thing about a Stag AR.