Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived in the mail today 440 rounds of 7.62x54R Russian Silver tips. I cut my hands a little opening it. But hopefully I will get the hand of it. Got it for $89.99 and it was $9.95 for shipping.so grand total of $106 not a bad price if you ask me because the only other place to get them is Duhnams and they are about $125.00

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Is that packed in oil or tomato sauce? lol

Glad to see ammo being shipped. Having opened it, looks like you intend to be shooting some?

Save as much as you can, order more and hope you never need it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nah I open spam cans so if I ever ever need them of wish I pray I never do then I put them in tupperware containers. I'll probably shoot 20 off whenever I go to the range again or my Uncles house.

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,503 Posts
Those look so tasty! Making me hungry! :D

Remember clean her after shooting:

Russian Surplus 7.62x54R Silver Tip clean ammo for sale made circa 1976 surplus ammunition that features a 148 FMJ bullet. This surplus ammo is berdan primed, corrosive steel cased.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I use ammonia, hot soapy water to clean the barrel and firing pin then put solvent down the barrel, on the firing pin then finally I oil her up with gun oil.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Last case I bought(two cans) I left it sitting by my reloading desk. "moma" stumped her toe on it---it hit the fan for awhile--lol. I now have her a wide path in the "man cave".

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Caves are dangerous enter at your own risk!
This should be above the door on all man caves. Not that it would do any good but it is a warning.LOL

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I'm still stuck on your math. How does 89.99 and 9.99 add up to 106.00?
It's that new math they are teaching...the results don't matter it's the effort that counts. :D

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Nah I open spam cans so if I ever ever need them of wish I pray I never do then I put them in tupperware containers. I'll probably shoot 20 off whenever I go to the range again or my Uncles house.
Is it just me or does anyone else like that "new ammo smell" you get from a freshly opened spam can.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
He most likely had to pay a 6% sales tax.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Arrived in the mail today 440 rounds of 7.62x54R Russian Silver tips. I cut my hands a little opening it. But hopefully I will get the hand of it. Got it for $89.99 and it was $9.95 for shipping.so grand total of $106 not a bad price if you ask me because the only other place to get them is Duhnams and they are about $125.00
Were did you order ammo from

·
Registered
598 Posts
I find it interesting that you got the can opener with it. I just got two of those cans in a wood crate and no opener. Fortunately, previous purchases included openers. I wish the shipping charges for this stuff were not so high. I paid $165 for the two cans and with shipping and tax the total was up to $211.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I have a Borg Alcove.:D

My first "Spam can" ofd 7.62X54R came in weith my MosinM44 Carbine. The 440 rounds lasted two weekends!:p:p

I ordered three more, opened one and left to other two unopened. I tend to use up ammo fast when the can is open!:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased two cans from AIM Surplus. Sweet looking stuff with sealed primers and bullet. Codes indicate 1971 mfg. I am buying more!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts