First sight in at 300 yards, with new barrel

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

I know there is no grouping to show, but my last 3 shots where all nice. the two bottom in the red and the one just touching the black center on the bottom where my last 3 shots. now its off to get my deer.

I will show some shot groups later on but this was my target after sight in with the new Bushmaster Varminter 24" heavy fluted barrel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

this was the first time this barrel has had a round threw it, and i will be getting some shot groups on the next morning that there is no wind or deer to shoot.

it may be a while but i know this rifle will impress.

when sighting in i kept over adjusting,,, guess its not a true 1/8th moa ajustment, that or my math was off lol

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Whats your barrel twist. 1-9?? How light is your trigger pull? Nice looking rifle

4. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

its a timney 3lb trigger like this
    [​IMG]

here is a pic of my trigger in the lower
    [​IMG]

and here is the specs on the barrel

Bushmaster 24" Fluted, Non-Chrome Lined Barrel based on DCM Competition design - button rifled 1/9 twist. Features a hybrid SAAMI Spec chamber with longer throat or "Leade" to accommodate 5.56mm ammunition. It is 1" in diameter out to the gas block with an 11 degree competition muzzle crown. Includes V Match Sight Base/Gas block and Matched Bolt

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

at 300yds each click should move like .375inches for 1/8moa

6. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

i guess it was close then cause i was getting just over a 1/4" with each click

again, thats just guessing

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

set up a 100yard target shoot a group then move it 80 clicks up should move the group 10 inches. if it does then your close enough to 1/8 moa. its a good thing to know exactly what your click value is even on high end scopes.

at 300yards 26 clicks on a 1/8 moa should move the group 9.75 inches.

8. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

ill have to try that some time, thanks for the idea