Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While its going to be a long time before I get one I've decided I want to get a Sig. Obviously I've heard of the P-226 but any other recommendations?

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
My first was a 220. Just because a deal came along that was too good to pass up and it had been on my list of guns to buy one day. I really like it and shoot it well. The 226 and 228 are on my list as well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My first is a 226 Extreme it's a great fit for my hand it points naturally for me and with all the different ammo that I've fed her she's never failed. With the help of some of the guy's here I've decided that the 220 will be my next.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
P229- large enough for a decent range gun and a little more compact than a P226. And designed specifically for the .40 SW but available in 9mm as well. Plus a rail is on the P229 if that interests you.

·
Registered
517 Posts
P229- large enough for a decent range gun and a little more compact than a P226. And designed specifically for the .40 SW but available in 9mm as well. Plus a rail is on the P229 if that interests you.
I have to agree with Sonic the 226, although I love this gun, is definitely a gun that you wouldn't want to carry daily.The 229 is a better ccw.I hear alot of great things about the 239 as a carry piece.Some thing else you might want to consider is the fact that on some of these pistols you have the ability to buy conversion barrels.Thing is that you can go from 40. or 357. down to 9. And it's about $150 per barrel.But to go from 9 to 40. and 357. will cost you better than $350 for an exchange kit.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have used many Sig's in my life but my P250 9mm is the first one I have owned. I bought the exchange kit that turns it into a .45, and made it my every day CC peice.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I've shot 226 and 229. I went with the p229 based on ergonomics. It fit my medium sized hand like a glove. My p229 is an E2 mode so it has the ergo grip and really suited my grip perfectly and it has the SRT and SIGlite night sights.

As a range gun it's great, for HD it's railed so you can add a light or laser if you want, and the p229 is available in 9, 40 and .357 s&w. plus they even make a .22 kit for it as well. As a CC it really depends on the holster and clothing as it is rather on the larger end of the compact spectrum of pistols and tends to print a bit. But you'd have the same issue if not worse with the p226.
I must have put at least 700 rounds thru her and not one FTE or FTF or any other glitch whatsoever. Love it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
rhyno13 said:
I have used many Sig's in my life but my P250 9mm is the first one I have owned. I bought the exchange kit that turns it into a .45, and made it my every day CC peice.
I've been thinking about buying a couple conversion kits as well. That was my primary thought in trading for my P250. I traded an XD40 tactical for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife's first sig is the P239, and she loves it. I have not got a sig yet but I did get a zastava Ez40 that is built like the sig p229

·
Registered
664 Posts
My wife's first sig is the P239, and she loves it. I have not got a sig yet but I did get a zastava Ez40 that is built like the sig p229
I love the P250 once I got used to the long trigger pull.

·
Registered
409 Posts
gunback said:
How do you feel about that Zastava? I've seen them and have wondered. I have one 229, I'm getting one for Christmas (buying it for myself lol), but would almost like to get an EZ9...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
That zastava has an ambi decocker right? Whats the quality like on those?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the P226 is a great choice for your 1st SIG, it was my first. The problem with SIGs is, one is never enough. My 2nd was a P239, which is my primary carry gun. My 3rd, and probably my favorite, is a P225. My 4th, which I just ordered this last weekend and haven't received yet, is a P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO. I can't wait to shoot it and plan on making it my EDC gun. My 5th ... don't know yet but I'm thinking P228.

I'd highly recommend going out and shooting some. I shot half a dozen different brands of handguns before I decided on SIG. You need to understand why you're buying a handgun; target shooting, home defense, carry? What caliber? Magazine capacity? Trigger DA/SA, DAK, SAO? There's a SIG that will meet your needs.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think the P226 is a great choice for your 1st SIG, it was my first. The problem with SIGs is, one is never enough. My 2nd was a P239, which is my primary carry gun. My 3rd, and probably my favorite, is a P225. My 4th, which I just ordered this last weekend and haven't received yet, is a P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO. I can't wait to shoot it and plan on making it my EDC gun. My 5th ... don't know yet but I'm thinking P228.

I'd highly recommend going out and shooting some. I shot half a dozen different brands of handguns before I decided on SIG. You need to understand why you're buying a handgun; target shooting, home defense, carry? What caliber? Magazine capacity? Trigger DA/SA, DAK, SAO? There's a SIG that will meet your needs.
Planning on getting a 220 carry some time here in the near future.Let me know how you like yours .Been planning on a 45 for better than a year and with the help of some of the guys here decided on the 220.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts