First Sig-P2022

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by scottr73, Jan 29, 2014.

1. scottr73

scottr73 New Member

I'm new to the forum here (this is my first post). I currently own a revolver- an older Smith & Wesson 38 spl model 10-6. I am now looking to purchase my first semi...a Sig Sauer P2022 in 9mm. I shopped around and narrowed it down to the Sig after looking at a Beretta PX4 and a Springfiield XD9. The Sig just fits perfectly in my hand. I live in New York so there is not much variation in price...best I could find is $529 plus tax with a laser sight included. Any thoughts on my decision?

2. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Around here it would be $475, but you're in NY. This pistol is no longer the best kept secret under &400, but still an amazing value. I know SIG s well amd have no commercial interest in telling you, the 2022 is every bit as good as any in P series.

3. Judge

Judge New Member

Good decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. pat701

pat701 New Member

Great pistol. My son in-law picked up one in 9mm two years ago for $406 NIB from PSA delivered to the FFL.

5. buddee

buddee New Member

I've had my 2022 for about 9 months now. Due to the cost of ammo I've ran nothing but the cheapest dirtiest junk I can find through it. Anything that goes bang. It has never once given me a bit if trouble. It has always cycled every round in then out without an issue. Now keep in mind I give it a good cleaning after every trip to the range. I think it would be a great purchase. Just my two cents worth.

6. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Something funny about us is highlighted by this little pistol's market fate. Several years ago, when it was dirt cheap, nobody was asking questions. It was assumed that something's gotta be wrong with it, if it says SIG and sells for $380. Now that it's $500 and up, and it's like hey let's see. There will be no other such sleeper for a long time.

7. kyboy

kyboy New Member

I love this gun, good choice.

8. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I just picked up a used one of these last night. Made a quick trip to the range and fire just two mags. I think I used to carry a Glock 23, I'm not really sure. Yesterday was SOOO long ago.

LOVE the Sig. Glock for sale.

Now, where can you get extra 12 round mags for cheaper than $40? And what are others using to conceal carry? Today, I'm using a Versa Carry but it's not easy to unholster and impossible to reholster, although it is comfortable, and very concealed.

9. Merlin40

Merlin40 New Member

I did a little looking, and while I've always carried OWB, and prefer leather, one of the only holsters I've found that fit just right, is the Serpa Blackhawk. A little bulky. If anyone knows of a good leather rig for this weapon, I'd be glad to hear of it.

10. seibert1903

seibert1903 New Member

Excellent firearm at a good deal. If I remember correctly I paid $470(before tax) for mine. You'll definitely not regret buying it.

11. pat701

pat701 New Member

A great pistol, you won't look back if you buy it. My son-inlaw got one for $406 delivered to the FFL at that price it was IMHO a best buy. Buy it:D

12. kflo01

kflo01 New Member

In New York in 2012 I paid 410 out the door. Mine didn't like Steel case. Broke the extractor. Got it replaced by sig now it runs fine but I try not to run steel case in it.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

13. DP03

DP03 New Member

What exactly are the differences between this and the P series that make the P's twice the price?

14. scottr73

scottr73 New Member

I finally got one. I wound up buying the SP2022 in 40 caliber with the 10 round magazine (thanks NY!). I tried to get it online but nobody wants to ship here, even to reputable FFL dealers. It cost me $499 plus tax. I have yet to put any rounds through it but hope to hit the range this weekend. Can't wait...

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1393954870.181288.jpg

15. Judge

Judge New Member

Scottr73: have you shot your p2022? If so, then what do you think?

16. scottr73

scottr73 New Member

I got chance to shoot last weekend. I put 250 rounds through it. It's an awesome pistol but quite different than shooting my S&W 38 revolver that's for sure! It's gonna be a learning process for me. I was getting better the more I shot but what a difference. I am definitely happy I got it!

17. Judge

Judge New Member

Glad to hear you like it.