First shots with my brand new G22 Gen4 .40 cal

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by kirbinster, Feb 17, 2013.

1. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Just picked up my Glock G22 Friday afternoon and this morning was my first chance to give her a try. I am a new shooter, having fired about 400 rounds in my life. After the first shot I should have just put her up for sale as at 7 yards it was dead center. While nothing was terrible after that I seem to have a tendency to shoot low and left. From what I have been told I am tightening my grip, but I would like to hear other possible suggestions. Thanks

Shot one:
    [​IMG]

Everything:
    [​IMG]

2. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

You a righty or a lefty?

3. Dextersmom

Dextersmom New Member

I just got the G22 gen this week too! Love it! See the attached chart which was posted from someone else but it was a big help for me!

Attached Files:

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I'm going with righty and a flinch.

5. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

Thanks, I am right handed. I have seen that chart before. Tend to think I am gripping too tight. What exactly does too little trigger finger mean (simple terms please). Thanks.

6. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

It refers to the tip of your index finger the "pad" that actually touches the face of the trigger.

Too much would mean the face of the trigger was touching down by the first knuckle.

Too little would mean it was touching closer to the very tip of the finger.

Hope that makes sense. There are many variables in shooting. Just takes practice to find the "sweet spot" for you and your weapon. Everyone is different and every gun is different. Good Luck.

7. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Almost everyone new to the Glocks shoot the the left. Don't worry it takes sometimegetting used to it. I've had good days and bad days with my Glock 22 and I still shoot to the left. The idea is to put you left thumb and the frame to stabilize your trigger pull when holding the gun with two hands. Check online somewhere for proper a gripping of a Glock.

8. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

9. stand4arms

stand4arms New Member

My g22 shot high left every time when I bought it new no matter what I tried to do...unless I shot low right on purpose(no fun) Until I bought after market sights and had my local gun shop install and zero them. Now I can hit a soda can or clay pigeon from 75 yards and get less than 2 inch groups dead center at up to 15 to 20 yards. Grab yourself some good tritium night sights, have a Smith install them and the famous left shot glock gremlin will be no more.

10. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Most Glock sites are dead on. Out of seven of us who bought Glock 22's. Not one of them needed any site adjustment and all were stock sites. You just have got to trust those sites and take your time getting to know how to shoot a semi auto. Its different then a revolver, way different.

11. targetshotpro

targetshotpro New Member

what did you pay for you G22? and at what pace were you shooting?

12. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I paid $400.00 For mine, but we got a deal. 7 to 15 yards is what we usually shoot. Remember its a pistol, people who shoot and hit consistanly after that range have been shooting for some time.

13. danolator

danolator New Member

I gotta get me a G22. I hear it is a great range gun.