First saiga purchase

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Pjj342, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

Originally Posted by Pjj342
    I finally ordered the saiga 7.62x39 that ive been looking at for so long. I found it on gunbroker and took the bid for $360+25for shipping,+30 for ffl=$415. I probably spent $120 a tapco t6 stock, extra mag, sight tool, buffer and ammo. All in all I got everything for around $550. I think I got off alright. I was seriously considering a century build but I went with one that hasnt been taken apart and reassembled, thats a big thing to me, I dont know why.

I am now waiting for it to get here, waiting sucks.

A large amount of faith has to be put in the seller in order to sleep at night. All the pictures of it look nice and he says it has almost no wear on it what so ever. Since it is used I dont get the cleaning kit or other new gun stuff.
    In spite of it not being NIB, I feel like I got alright deal anyways. Theres almost none on the market right now. I paid a couple bucks for being impaitient but thats ok.
    It should be shipped on monday so I will have it by the end of the week.
    Any advise you have, about what to look out for when picking it up, or any personal experiences that may help me out.
    Yes I got all the stuff for the gun, before the gun is in my hands, maybe a little impatient, but I wont hesitate to send it back if it is messed up in any way. That would be a bummer, but losing out on shipping is better that having a 400 dollar paper weight.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Alright you need to go online and find a pic to post so we can all see what you got. No pics, it dont exist.

3. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

it dont exist yet..

Its being shipped out today, Ill have it this week some time hopefully. Now to figure out how to post pics on here.

4. Dadoo

Dadoo New Member

my Saiga

Hey Pjj, I've had a Saiga for some time now and it's a great shooter. I've only usaed it to put holes in paper so far, but it shoots smootly and is pretty accurate. I hope to use it for hunting later this year.
    I've left mine stock except for the mount and scope, and a 20 round promag magazine.
    I'd hate to tell you what I paid for mine at a gun show here in Texas, but let's just say that it was considerably less. :rolleyes: Have fun with it.

[​IMG]

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Pj, like you; I can't wait!! Nice snag and we'll be awaiting your range report! :D

6. TAT2TOMMY

TAT2TOMMY New Member

yes i have the same gun you will love it:)

7. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

cost

Im sure you paid around 300 but Im not salty one bit. Money is wonderful, saving money is even better, but getting what you truely want, when hardly any are in your market, when your money comes, is worth the extra $$$

8. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

thanks for the encouragement, not much elsewhere

Here I am all excited to get my first AK varient, I go on saiga-12 forum, and every question I asked about unconverted rifles are met with "why dont you convert? will you convert? plans on conversion? convert, convert convert. BULL CRAP, Ill convert when I can, for the moment answer the question or dont.
    THANK YOU FELLAS, I REALIZE WHY I LIKE IT HERE

9. TAT2TOMMY

TAT2TOMMY New Member

it is great here:) i got the exact same AK 2 days ago:) my first ak as well:)

10. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Ya can't ever go wrong with a Saiga AK, JMHO. I run them in 7.62x39, .308 & .223 and have never had a problem with any of them. Excellent Choice! :)