First range day with new pistol!

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by IVIrVViggles, May 15, 2011.

1. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member

So I got to shoot my new Kel-Tec PF9 today and I've got to say, it was really fun. I was a little scared because from what I read, it can be 'snappy' or have a hard kick because it's so light. I found this to be an exaggeration, it did have a mild snap for recoil though. Despite this, it was easy to regain a sight picture on the target quickly. I believe that the extra bit of grip from the magazine lip made a difference here too. The gun fit my hands rather perfectly.

I spent the first 3 clips (21 rounds) getting acquainted with the gun and sighting it in at 30ft.
    [​IMG]

Then I moved to my next target, shooting 5 rounds per clip. I've gotta say I was impressed by the gun's accuracy, as well as my own.
    [​IMG]

I also had a chance to fire a few rounds from my .32 top break, and a "Trooper mk V" .357 here at 30ft aiming at one half of a target.
    [​IMG]

We also plinked around with a couple .22's and my brother's 9mm. We only had about an hour or so to shoot so I wasn't fully satisfied when we left. I'll probably have another report next weekend.

2. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Good shooting. I like my PF9 and it has been very relaible. I think it is a much better pocket gun than any 380 gun can be.

Great choice! :)

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Looks like a fun time. Thanks for sharing your experience and photos.

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Well done! How's the trigger on it?

5. IVIrVViggles

IVIrVViggles New Member