first plastic gun xd 45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by dewey, Mar 27, 2010.

1. dewey

dewey New Member

Was at the gun store yesterday and picked up an all black 4'' xd 45. with all the gear, and 2 13 rd. mags.
    A guy won the gun in a raffle and wanted something else, so he turned it back in as a trade in.
    Its not as smooth as my 1911, and it seems to have alot more "bite". The 1911 just feels more gentile to the shooter. But, it is accurate. Surprisingly accurate.
    I probably have 200 rds. thru it and it shot them all, fmj. s/wadcutter, and jhp. The jury is still out, but it has a real feel of dependability to me.
    Any ways, it had never been shot till I got it. I paid $450 for it tax and all.
    Did I make a good, great, or ok, deal?
    If I knew how, I would post pics.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Lemme see...$450 for NIB and 2 mags for an XD45...hmmmm. GREAT DEAL. :D

You can post picks by going to the "manage attatchments" listed below the post titled Additional Options.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You did good. I paid $505 out the door for my .45 Compact about 6 months ago. BTW, it's my only plastic gun...

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I think XD's are a great polymer pistol. You also did good on the price. :)

5. tom777

tom777 New Member

yep, you did all right! Enjoy your new XD.

6. efaz1

efaz1 New Member

That's my wholesale price

7. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

Great deal! Welcome to the XD family.
    I found a Stainless over Green XD45 compact (been looking for-ev-er) in a gun shop I've never visited before today and almost lost my mind. I can't wait to go back with either a deposit for layaway or to straight-up buy it! It was on the back of a shelf, like a diamond in the rough! If I hadn't drooled over so many pics online I may not have even noticed it, lol.
    Again welcome and enjoy your new XD!

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

The best price I've seen for the XD45 here in Texas is $495....so ya did good!

9. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

My first gun was an XD45 Compact and many days I wish I still had it. Remarkably reliable and easy to shoot

10. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I just sold my XD 45. I know this sounds odd, but that was the best pistol I've ever had. I just couldn't afford the ammo.

11. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

I love my XD and will never get rid of it. Ammo price is high but worth saving up for.

12. ajb

ajb New Member

Sounds like you need to think about reloading.:)

13. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I love my XD45. One of my favorites.

14. kansas45

kansas45 Member

I have three XD's. A 45 ACP Tactical, Service & a 9mm Compact that the GF carries. The two 45's have trigger jobs & are smooth & accurate. The 9 isn't too bad either. :)