First person to tell me who said all of these quotations kicks ***. No cheating.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by RustyShackleford101, Aug 22, 2012.

1. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

"My work is my life, and my life is my work. I invented this assault rifle to defend my country. Today, I am proud that it has become for many synonymous with liberty."
    "It is the Germans who are responsible for the fact that I became a fabricator of arms. If not for them, I would have constructed agricultural machines. (...) If someone asks me how I can sleep at night knowing that my arms have killed millions of people, I respond that I have no problem sleeping, my conscience is clean. I constructed arms to defend my country."
    "Before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good appreciation of everything that already exists in this field."
    "I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine."
    "It is painful for me to see when criminal elements of all kinds fire from my weapon [...] I created this weapon primarily to safeguard our fatherland"
    "Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto."
    "I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work - for example a lawnmower."

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Who invented the AK-47?

3. vincent

vincent New Member

4. RustyShackleford101

How about first, middle and last name. I will be impressed, but please, no cheating,

5. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

His grandson was a member here not long ago. Maybe he could have gave us more insight.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

7. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Michiel(sp) first name iirc

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Mikhail Timofevevich Kalashnikov. Born November 10, 1919.

He was a sergeant and wounded during a tank battle. In the hospital he overheard wounded soldiers complaining about Soviet weapons. He then designed a weapon that didn't go anywhere, but the design got him noticed by the brass. He went on to design the ak 47. His son, Victor is a designer of firearms as well.

I didn't get half way through your quote before I knew that.

9. RustyShackleford101

Everybody congratulate Mosin! Mosin kicks ***.