First One.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by diggsbakes, Jun 6, 2010.

1. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Although 1911's are anti lefty, (what isn't though, huh?) I have always loved shooting them over the years and have demonstrated a proficiency in their use exceeding that of any polymer framed handgun that I have owned and shot frequently.

Thanks to my best friend, mentor and fellow passionate firearms enthusiast, my Dad. . . I didn't have to make the decision of when/if to buy one. I think this is one he "grew" out of, but I dig it. :)

Attached Files:

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That looks great!! How old is it and how does it shoot? :cool:

3. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Right about 2 years old. Shoots great. Only a thousand or so through it. Equipped with match grade barrel. I don't know if these all were, or what. I know little about it, but when I did shoot it close to NIB I was really accurate with it, but did experience some feeding issues. . . just really stiff I guess. Seems to have loosened up a bit. :confused:

4. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

Where did you come by that piece of misinformation? :confused:

The base of the index finger works the safety, the index finger does the magazine release (and oh-by-the-way, makes sure you have your booger hook off the trigger), and other than that nothing could even be considered "right handed".

5. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Maybe the thumb up safety (always on the LEFT side?) Ever shot one extensively left handed? I can (and have) adapted to anything and everything left handed, gun related.

I know how to shoot and take no-ones word to be truth. . .

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'm a left hand shooter too. And love the 1911 platform. It's not too bad to adapt to but being left handed we usually adapt to things pretty quick or not at all it seems.

That LDA haves the ramped barrel? Man I love Para pistols! Every one I've shot is spot on. One thing about Para is you hardly ever see them for sale used. I found a P16 in a pawn shop and snapped it up. But even places like gunbroker you don't see many of any listed most days. That leads me to believe that people trend to hold on to them. I know I wouldn't part with either of mine.

I hope you like your Para. They are fantastic weapons. Congratulations :)

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Nice looking Diggs.

Congratulations.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations, it's a handsome pistol. :cool:

9. VR4

VR4 New Member

Congrats on your new puchase.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That looks like a very nice addition to the safe there Diggs! Glad you finally are a member of the elite 1911 community. :D

JD

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Congrats diggs! How do you like that LDA trigger?

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice reliable Para ya got yourself there Diggs...and broke in too! :D

Congrats!!

Jack

13. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Don't remember Bear. . . been a couple years since I shot it, but since I played hooky today and have vacation next week I'm sure I'll get plenty of time in with it soon.

I'll let ya know.

14. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

I am missing the last three fingers on my right hand. The thumb and index finger on my right hand are off at the first joint. - - - Yes, - - - I HAVE, "shot one extensively left handed". But only for the last sixty years.

If you choose to not take my - word - for what works left handed, that is your problem, not mine.

15. badeye

badeye New Member

Nice pistola Diggs,enjoy that rascal!

16. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

COOL!! diggs :cool:

I'm sure the 1911 bug will bite soon...Never can have just One. :D
    That 1911 is priceless with your dad giving it to you & all. ;)

17. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

You got it Fire. My most treasured guns were gifted from my father. From my very first (single-six and High Standard 12 gauge) to my first 1911. Not to mention all the experience he has shared and continues to share over the years.

It is wonderful to share the same passion (and degree of) with the man who raised me. Truly a blessing. :)

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I really thought I would not like the LDA trigger being I was a pretty hard core 1911 purist. But getting to shoot a couple a little and I really like them. It's a little .different yeah but the pull is not near as long as one might think and it's really light. I think they make for great carry weapons and there is no denying what a para will do on the range., They are real accurate.

19. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I'm looking forward to it. I've shot it once when Pops got it new and I remember the joy (not much else as far as detail), but I've shot many a 1911 since then, including a lot of customs, so my point of reference may be altered. :confused: