First official gun in my collection, my SKS

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by CharlieWhiskey261, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CharlieWhiskey261

CharlieWhiskey261 New Member

So, I picked this SKS up for 350.00 and I'd like to think I won.. When I got it it was all black, came with the tapco stock, 3 tapco mags, 4 stripper clips, a case, and approx 160 rounds of winchester fmj. After a few hours of stripping it down to the stock and some of my skills and this is what I am sitting with..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've owned many many guns usually buying to flip them because I get good deals but this is my first in my collection. Not sure how long that will be, I am kind of a gun whore.

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Welcome to the SKS club. My sks was the second gun in my collection and i got it for 75 bucks from a buddy. They are fun and relatively cheap to shoot.

3. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Now all you need to do is get out and familiarize. Collections are for those that would rather purchase firearms than ammunition.

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Look around, you'll be surprised how much stuff

you can get for an SKS...

5. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

where can we look to find the most in one spot cause i just pickled up an SKS yesterday and it needs a few things

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

try sar co inc, or buy mil surp dot com...(put words together...):)

7. Nihilist88

Nihilist88 New Member

Ditch the Tapco stuff and buy the regular stock for it. Find out what country imported it and buy the surplus parts. I mean if you like awesome, I personally just love the original look and feel. But, sexy gun none the less.

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I like them both ways. Original is more for looking at in my opinion, I like the folding stock on mine but like the Tapco better.

Saw one at my LGS with tapco furniture, a VFG and a RDS on the handguard, it was pretty sweet.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Attached Files:

10. Nihilist88

Nihilist88 New Member

That is the beauty of the gun community. So much variety and tastes. I love the fact we can keep it original or make it into a something completely different. Overall the SKS is such a beautiful rifle no doubt.

11. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

12. CharlieWhiskey261

CharlieWhiskey261 New Member

ended up selling that one awhile back.. ended up buying one I think blows it out of the water.. working on some pictures right now..

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Out of all the rifles in my collection,

my SKSs winds up doing a lot of double-duty,--truck gun, camping and fishing,

fun shooting at the range, etc. You may never find a more dependable,versatile

carbine...

14. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

here here.... they are cheap, reliable and easily found almost anywhere... and in recent years aftermarket parts have become alot easier to find

sure they're not pretty or that desirable but everybody needs an SKS at some point

15. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I got a norinco type 56 love it ... I was gonna tacticool it out but it looks too nice to do anything to. I might buy a UTG dust cover with rail for a scope MAYBE but that'd be it .... She's pullin flagpole duty for a small american flag right next to her big brother Norinco MAK 90 also pulling flag pole duty for a bigger flag in my bedroom!!

Mak 90 is a better more desirable gun but strangely I like my SKS better got the spiker flathead bayonette

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

17. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Nope ! Its just a norinco. Timber smith makes some bad *** sks stocks huh. I think it took me 200 or 300 bucks to get her there and im not quite done. I want a better scope, american made bipod and im kickin the idea of a triger job around too. The muzzle break needs is kinda crappy too.

18. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Yea I was surprised to see that was laminate . I thought it was wood and thats AFTER an hour or so it took to find the website lol milsurpstuff.com ;)