First (non service issued) personal rifle

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Rhodesian, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

Okay, I am looking at buying (As the title states) my first non service issued rifle. I am used to most weapon platforms the US Army has and I have many different weapons that I want, but here is a list narrowed down to Four..

1. Colt LE6920
    2. IWI Tavor 21
    3. L85A1 (2)
    4. M1 Garand

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I went w/ the AR platform when I got out.

3. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Wow, both ends of the spectrum. I'd go with the Colt since you probably know it back to front and then when the bank account recovers grab you a nice CMP M1 Garand with your military ID, you'll get a great deal, especially if you walk in one of their 2 locations in uniform.

4. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

I would love a M1 Garand, so I will wait on that.. That was my thinking with the Colt, I picked that model as I want to make it look like the one from I am Legend.. Anyone know what parts I need or links where to get them? I went to the local Gun shop and was told there were none of these models for sale, not sure what he means, but how can I find this rifle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even considered going with a FN FAL.. Always loved that rifle too!

5. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

I've got an FN FAL, a PTR-91 G3, a DPMS LR308 Panther AP4, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 and a 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand. I love them all and couldnt possible part with any of them. They all have their strengths and weaknesses

6. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

What about a Galil, how much do they typically run and where can you find them?

7. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Its funny you should ask, a Galil is my TOP priority right now. The CAI Golani's go for $60-$750, the really nice IMI Israeli Galils go for $1200+

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Dont waste your money on all that cheap airsoft crap in those pictures. Take your time, save your money and get quality products.

9. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

Where might I find the IMI Israeli Galil? Money is not an issue, finding what I want is.. The Colt will cost about 1500, but I really like the Galil..

10. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Gun Broker, you can try the gun shows, but there aren't very many of them. The receiver will say IMI (Israeli Military Industries) or it might be a Springfield Armory gun, those are usually more expensive. And since money is not an issue, go ahead and buy two and send one my way :)

11. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

How much can a FN FAL go for? Because my choices now are (And in this order)..

1. IMI Galil
    2. FN FAL
    3. Colt LE6920

12. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Century Arms FAL's go between $600-900 but the best FAL on the market is the DSA FAL, they start in the $1200-1300 range, I would go that route, plus they have every option know to man.

Here is a link to DSA's website:

-D S Arms

They have all kinds of cool stuff.

13. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

I wonder how hard it would be to get my hands on an actual issue Bush War FAL.. I bet it would cost a small fortune.. lol