First (non service issued) personal pistol

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Rhodesian, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

I have been doing a bit of reading on the MK23 and it looks like it is a very dependable weapon and accurate. I am used to the M9, but never really liked the M9, I prefer something larger so I found several pistols, price no object.

1. H&K MK23 .45
    2. Beretta Px4 .45
    3. H&K USP Tactical .45 (With Compensator)

I have never held, nor seen either in person; what do you guys think? Anyone local to SW Virginia own one of these three? If so, could I possibly arrange a test fire to experience the weapon first hand, before I fork over the money for one of these.

2. bontrager92fs

bontrager92fs New Member

dont live in Virginia, but I would want to assume that most indoor ranges would also have a variety of pistols to rent. Dont mean to be negative but i doubt somebody off the web is about to meet up with you about pistols either.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There are normally some nice people at ranges.
    I usually offer someone a chance to shoot my firearms when they show interest.

In other words, go to the range.

4. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

No idea if there are any indoor ranges around me.. The only range I know of is a free outdoor range in the forest, last time I was there, nobody really came out there..

5. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Of those 3, I have only shot the USP, HK makes the most accurate gun (opinion, for me) ever. It is so smooth and no malfunctions. The only reason I carry Glock is because they are smaller, cheaper, and have nothing hanging out to grab or forget to grab when the SHTF. I'd love to try a MK23, but I think the only dif is barrel and ability for attachments

6. Rhodesian

Rhodesian New Member

I think it is worth the $2100 price tag, I have read nothing negative about it.. One thing I would like to find is a Wilcox LAM unit..

[​IMG]