First NFA Tax Stamp!!

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by JonM, Jul 8, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

this afternoon the SOT dealer called my tax stamp for the silencerco sparrow 22 suppressor was in and approved!! im like bouncing now!! going to the range tomorrow morning before i meet up with Winds. that is if it fits on my AR15 barrel. gonna find out in a bit when i open the safe and pull off the flashider.

had to cover up ffl info (its not my place to disclose their information.) but there is a pic of the infamous PITA 200$ nfa tax stamp and the new toy!!

[​IMG]

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

[​IMG]
    Congrats! Looking forward to the range report!

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/sparrow-22-suppressor-ruger-22-45-a-43182/

first report before the stamp got approved. my 22/45 which is currently out of service until i get a new mk2 hammer and bushing (my volquartsen is going back in winds' new ruger

ill have one with the AR15 and cmmg conversion tomorrow with some luck.

threads on my m16A1 barrel are concentric cleaning rod slides in and out without contact so it should function just fine tommorrow

[​IMG]

had to add an extra full peel washer so it wouldnt bottom out and be tight on the muzzle

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_X8ZZwcs4k]YouTube - ‪Dumb And Dumber: "I like it alot".‬‏[/ame]

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent, even if the Feds committed Highway Robbery on you.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Congrats! I like it.

7. Lawmaker

Lawmaker New Member

Nice I have a sparrow waiting for a stamp. Is it the stainless or Titanium?

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations! Say, have you considered checking with the Infernal Revenue Service to see if that can be deducted as a TAX that you paid?

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

We are meeting on the 23rd, right? I work this weekend but I am off next weekend. I hope I don't have the weekends confused. :confused:

10. doggone06

doggone06 New Member

sparrow

Cool man! I have and sell the Silencerco brand they work great.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  11. orangello

orangello New Member

Very cool! I love the classic AR too.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

its not the stainless. but im going to send it off soon to have it converted to stainless. the stainless are quieter and shorter and easier to clean.

thanks!! yes and no :(

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

couple of months after requesting the upgrade i got the email from silencerco to upgrade my sparrow to stainless. sent it off today they said i should have it back in 2-3 weeks

14. Lawmaker

Lawmaker New Member

Cool. So what type of process do you have to do to send it back?

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

you need to get on their waiting list. they have an online form at their website fill it out and then wait. at some point they will send you an email when its your turn. then just mail the supressor in and pay the upgrade fee and return shipping.

there are no special rules like mailing handguns other than a suppressor you own can only be mailed to a sot for repairs or upgrades.