First line of defence

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BiggD, Oct 14, 2011.

1. BiggD

BiggD New Member

Pet store said its better than an attack dog.

ForumRunner_20111014_110725.jpg

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Smarter than a dog and get huge. I would not want a full grown pig after be. When I was a kid and lived in the San Joaquin Valley in California, there was a guy who was growing pot in his cornfield and had pigs as his guard "dogs". It was on the news and the police had to put them down because they were to large to capture easily.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

My brother would have been killed by the hogs had he been alone one day while we were feeding them. One of our neighbors lost a couple fingers and was badly torn up after falling in the hog lot. They are serious animals.

4. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

really? i mean, can they seriously be trained as an attack animal? not just a "if it moves its food" garbage disposal.

5. fmj

fmj New Member

Pigs are DAMN smart and can be VERY aggressive, tougher than nails, next to impossible to rope (gotta get a leg). About the only weak point they have is their nose.

As you may be able to tell, i raised a hog or 10,000 in my misspent youth.:eek:

6. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

so i can train a pig to track and find a person. attack and release on commands in german. leave on guard in the house or yard and get it used to the sound of gunfire. if so my argument for a pig has gotten bigger.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Boss, I am sitting on De Fence.
    [​IMG]

8. fmj

fmj New Member

I dont see why not. I'm sure it could be done with enough patience. I've seen where they train 'em to hunt mushrooms. (truffels)

I would do a giggle search about training pigs.