First IDPA match

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by NGIB, Dec 8, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I was talking about this on chat last night but our local IDPA club is holding a BUG (backup gun) match next Monday. I've watched some of the local matches but I never took the plunge as I prefer something with a bit less regulation. Anyway, the local club director basically called me out on my local forum so since I'll be in town I'm going to give it a go.

I had to ask whether pocket holsters are OK since that's all I have for my BUGs and I was told yes they are. So, next Monday I'm going to load up the j-frame and give it a go...

2. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I actually just did my 1st IDPA shoot this last weekend, it was also a BUG shoot. Didn't need a holster for the shoot I did, the starts were either from a ready position or with the gun on a table. It was fun, I'll probably do it again.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Kick his *** Seabass! :D Let us know how it goes. ;)

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Alright!! Something worth doing, my range has a very active IDPA group. Go Get 'em!!

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Threw the j-frame in the range bag this morning (along with the Springer TGO) and I'm stopping at the range after work this evening. I haven't shot the little Airweight much so I need to see how badly I suck...

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Well, range bag is in the truck and I'll be shooting the PPK this evening.

(I have the long slide with me so I'll pistol whip anyone that makes fun of my BUG shooting prowess)

8. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

When I was shooting IDPA a pocket holster was not allowed for any stages. You may want to come up with a plan B. Range officers like to be able to see the pistol in the holster. Also, I think they will be leery of possible accidental discharges when drawing at the sound of the buzzer.