first glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by austin125, May 5, 2012.

1. austin125

austin125 New Member

I just traded a Ruger sr40c for a glock 23 gen 3. Can't wait to shoot it

2. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

I love my G23 Gen 3. I also have an SR9c, but I like the Glock more.

3. austin125

austin125 New Member

I hated the Ruger. What is your trigger like on the Ruger?

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I have a Ruger P95 and I love it. I also own a Glock 35 and love that too. My friend owns a Glock 22 and said he liked the trigger on the Ruger compared to his Glock.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Bought my 1st Glock a little over a month ago, I own several handguns and its my least favorite trigger, love everything else about it though.

Learned that I'm not a huge fan of the triggers on any striker fired guns.

6. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

I have a gen 3 g23, was my 1st handgun. I personally love it and love shooting it when I can find cheap ammo. Well over 1500 rds now with out 1 problem what so ever, it is my only gun I can say I had not had a problem with after that many rds. I will never sell or trade her.... I think lol
    Have fun with yours and stay safe.

7. schnarkle

schnarkle New Member

I must be weird. I personally love the stock Glock trigger. I guess I just don't know any better. ;)

8. Sideswipe

Sideswipe New Member

It was super gritty and failing to reset sometimes when I first bought it. After a good cleaning and 400 rounds, it has smoothed out and resets just fine. Gonna shoot it more before I trust it to carry.

9. losack

losack New Member

I never learned to trust or like my SR-9. Traded it for a Glock 34.

I have 5 glocks all standard triggers. No problems. I did install extended mag releases.. That's helps speed up reloads. Also considering extended slide releases.

Regarding triggers, I may install new 3.5 triggers. I'm a little concerned about the legality in a ccw shooting situation if a pistol seems altered to enhance combat. Probably too concerned about it but that factor does exist.

Said all that to say. I like Glocks in all shapes and sizes!

10. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I just recently did the 25 cent trigger job to my Glocks, went shooting this morning and noticed a major improvement. It is super easy to do, and took maybe an hour per pistol total.

11. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Best part is I bet it does'nt even cost 25 cents!:D

12. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

nice trade up g23 is on the list of guns im gonna get soon:)