First Full-Motion Training Video (Short)

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by SGT-MILLER, May 3, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I have my first actual video on youtube. Please bear with me as far as the quality is concerned. I am using my digital camera, and the lighting wasn't the best.

The purpose of this video is to provide an easy reference tool for the beginner to use when practicing basic weapons presentation and reloads.

The equipment used was my Springfield armory XD9, and the speed holster and mag holder setup that came with the pistol. The second video has my Mosin Nagant M91/30.

Please remember that, as always, safety is paramount before any practice with a firearm begins. ALWAYS ensure the weapon is clear, and double-check the weapon before the training begins.

I hope this video help some of you on this forum.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oScByi1-N8M"]YouTube - TRAINING MOVIE #1[/ame]

2. kcolg

kcolg New Member

I saw it,great video, keep 'em coming...

3. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

great vid, do you have any tips on what to do if your jammed during a fire fight? Besides hand throwing the bullets.

4. kcolg

kcolg New Member

May I give you one...?:

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!:D

5. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

lol thats pure survival skills, but Im sure with shots firing at you that it wont be easy to run.

6. kcolg

kcolg New Member

I know...I can't imagine of a worst situation than having your gun jamming while somebody is shooting at you...that's why when I carried I use to take a backup gun...being at least a little 6.35 in a ankle holster,sometimes it would be just another exact gun as my primary in a left draw holster...I guess first thing I would do is to try to get cover while I try to fix the jam,but I think that unles you are Mr Cool or very ,very trained your mind will have a hard time figuring out what's wrong under that stress...what a nightmare...that's why I also bought a revolver...

7. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

cool, thanks for the lesson. any thoughts on a good cal. for home protection?

8. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

As far as a malfunction with your sidearm goes, remember three words:

TAP

RACK

BANG

Tap the magazine (hard)

Rack the slide (vigorously)

Pull the trigger to make it go bang.

9. kcolg

kcolg New Member

You are welcome, what about a shotgun for home...?

10. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

Hey, it's great that you are doing this. I really appreciate the lack of obnoxious music that most youtube uploads tend to use. It's short, sweet, and to the point.

If I may offer a word of friendly advice as somebody without formal combat training, you may want to show each presentation from a couple of different angles.

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I thought about that. A huge limiting factor in my videos is the fact I am using an old digital camera, and it has a total memory time of 23 seconds...:(

Once I manage to get a real video camera, the fun will really begin. :)

I just gotta use what I have for now.

12. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Can the camera attach to your computer? You could then record right to the harddrive. I'm suer there are a few comp geeks around here that can tell you for sure.

13. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Sgt. Miller's video inspired me to make a little one of my own, a variation on reloading...
    Hope you understand my english!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEF-Btry6M]YouTube - Reload variation[/ame]

14. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Good job Miller. It would be great with the other angles and some better lighting, but work with what you have. All we have to do is PRACTICE now:D