First full auto fun

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by cmb2327, Oct 27, 2013.

1. cmb2327

cmb2327 New Member

I was actually able to shoot my friends dad's colt m4 today. He is a sheriff around here. i took my ar out to their land and he brought his out to let us play a little. I was smiling from ear to ear.

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I went down to Knob creek a few years back and rented a Thompson sub-machine gun.

They had an old fox body mustang out in the field, well it used to be one:p

Anyway, I shot it up with the Thompson, obviously I was far from the first to do so, the car was barely recognizable... But I shot a fox body mustang up with a tommy gun, how many people can say that.:D

3. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

They do have that effect on you :)

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I too shot my first full auto recently and gotta say it was pretty dang awesome.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I had the opportunity to shoot a Tommy gun. It was crazy fun!! I have a picture of me holding it but I'll never post it. :p

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Oh, come on now.;)

7. cmb2327

cmb2327 New Member

I could only get 5 or 6 out before I would have too much muzzle rise. It was so fun. And I didn't have to pay for the ammo so that was a plus

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Then you were holding it like a rifle. It is a machinegun and should be held like one. They are VERY controllable with the right stance

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Robo is right. I held it like a rifle and had the problem with muzzle rise. The man who owned the tommy gun corrected me and it was great fun then. If you want to hold it like a rifle then three round bursts are about all you should do.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Went to Vegas and shot several , the MP5 , M16, UZI , and Thompson were non issue with muzzle rise , However the AK was , I dont care how you hold it its coming up every time :D

11. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

Yeh, mp5 in full is on my dream list. Carried one for a while in service. Very controllable with almost no muzzle jump. So quiet on the can that you can hear brass hitting the pavement... :D
    Points nice too. Got to love HK for getting it so right.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013