First day with my M1 Garand

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by ArmyGuy, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

Today I finally got the chance to take my M1 Garand (had it two weeks now) to the range. Once I got it sited in for me I had a great time. Who am I kidding, I was having a great time just shooting it before I could hit the bulls eye :D

The attached picture is a grouping of 16 rounds into a 4.5 inch red circle at 100 yds on a bench rest (iron sites of course). I am sure I looked like a kid in a candy store while I was shooting today. I can't wait to get back to the range again, hopefully next Friday :D

Attached Files:

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

nice.... super jealous. i wanted to shoot so bad today. lol

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent! There is nothing to compare with shooting a Garand. :cool:

4. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

Thanks, I have been trying to go shooting every Friday for the past month and hope to continue.

I know my grouping isn't the tightest, but I was sure happy with it. I think I was more excited about just shooting the Garand than I was about how I did. I am sure that will change though the more I get to shoot it.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's still pretty darn good shooting for a first outing. That's minute of Zombie all day long.

6. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

Thanks, I know it is good for what it is (for me that is pretty awesome). I just need to keep practicing so I can improve. I am still super stoked about shooting the M1, so I will have to practice often :)

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

How about a picture of the new family member? I've only recently learned about the M1 Garand and I REALLY want one. It'll have to wait, though, until a few big things in my life sell (like a car, a house, a bunch of furniture). Then maybe I can skim a little off the top.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM ping.......

That's a series of sounds I want in my future!

8. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy New Member

I love the sound of that "ping", nothing like it. Almost like a reward for pulling the trigger. I have also attached some pictures of my new baby (the M1 Garand) :D

Attached Files:

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Experts say it is the reward pinging sounds of slot machines that can make them so addicting.

Maybe the Garand ping is just to keep shooters coming back for more.

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It was my first rifle.

If I were any more attached, there would be

surgery involved.

IMO, the best iron sights ever.