Firearms Talk banner

First build need help

966 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JSchmatt 
#1 ·
Halfway into my first build I have my lower complete I have questions about the selector every thing done but the selector will not switch between fire and safe with how it stands wen I pull the hammer back it will switch but not while it's up should it be that way I think I did everything correct

#5 ·
Well I'm finished with the build and finally had time to make it out to the range and try her out. Had a few hiccups. I used two type of mags one a magpul p mag and had a couple jams. I used low grade Imi ammo .mostly because I'll be shooting for fun and don't want to have to shoot expensive ammunition to shoot I also used a okay industry mag no jams but I had I guess what would be I short stroke maybe. The rifle would fire fine for about 20 rounds then misfire the next round would chamber but not fire I would then pull the charging handle and manually rechamber a round then shoot another 20 30 rounds to have the same problem. Just a little about the rifle mostly all dpms parts lpk bcg gas system upper. It's a PAC west arms lower had to go with a preban being that I'm in CT. If any suggestions or questions that can help I'm all ears thanks

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.