First AR finally complete!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JoeM, Aug 18, 2011.

1. JoeM

JoeM New Member

First of all, this is my first post but would like to thank all the regulars here for providing me with great info while I was in my search for my first AR-15.

I decided on purchasing a completely built AR for my first one...as I know a complete build is in my near future! I went with a Stag Arms Model 2T. I am very happy with my choice so far (only had one range session with it, approx 300 rounds, with absolutely no issues).

I added a Magpul AFG, four 30 rd PMags, and a Trijicon ACOG TA01NSN.

In all I think I did pretty well...the rifle itself was right at $1000. The ACOG I won on ebay at what I feel was a very good price. The seller insists he only used it to zero in and decided to go with a non-magnifying scope. I got it for $700, and am happy saving roughly $500 off the MSRP.

My intent for this weapon is to use it as a fun range rifle as well as a SHTF firearm (my next purchase will probably be an AK so that might take the SHTF label :D).

Here is a pic of the final set-up...minus the Hogue grip I have in the mail! Please let me know your thoughts!!!

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Howdy

Welcome to FTF, you now have BRD.

Nice lookin' Sport Utility Rifle you have there.

3. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Nice man, how do you like that magpul AFG? Looks good though :D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! :cool:

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

ahhh the infamous ARfooteen....

nice shootin stick congrats!!

6. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks like the start of an ingrown nail on the left big toe. ;) :D

Oh....nice looking rifle too.

7. JoeM

JoeM New Member

I like it. It allows me to grip the rifle the exact same every time which I like. The one issue I have with it is it makes you rest your left thumb (I'm a righty) on the floating rail which gets pretty hot. However, I'm now going to start using gloves every time I shoot which should solve that problem!

8. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Ahh, i see, thanks, anyways slap some flat dark earth on that baby and you got a real looker :D

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I like the rifle. Those Samson rails are nice.

10. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member