First ar build. How am i doing?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mtdisme, Oct 30, 2011.

1. mtdisme

mtdisme New Member

Hey all. I am putting together my first ar and I wanted to get some feedback

Upper:
    Yankee Hill Machine 16" M4 carbine complete upper assembly with a Specter length lightweight free float forearm
    YHM A3 flat top upper receiver with complete bolt carrier group. Receiver has the M4 feed ramps and white outline T-markings.
    YHM 16" black diamond fluted barrel (barrel and chamber are CHROME LINED), 1X7 twist, 5.56 chamber with Phantom toothed flash hider.
    YHM 4 rail, Specter length, lightweight free float forearm with low profile Specter gas block

Lower:
    Sun devil manufacturing billet receiver

Parts kit:
    Spikes tactical enhanced

Stock:
    VLTOR E-MOD Stock Black AR Rifles AEBK-MB

Yhm muzzle break

Tapco sling system

Let me know what you think about my choices. I also have a LWRC Free Floating Carbine Length Rail System sitting at home. Should I swap the yhm rail system for the lwrc?

Thanks for your help!!

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Upper:
    Yankee Hill Machine 16" M4 carbine complete upper assembly with a Specter length lightweight free float forearm
    YHM A3 flat top upper receiver with complete bolt carrier group. Receiver has the M4 feed ramps and white outline T-markings.
    YHM 16" black diamond fluted barrel (barrel and chamber are CHROME LINED), 1X7 twist, 5.56 chamber with Phantom toothed flash hider.
    YHM 4 rail, Specter length, lightweight free float forearm with low profile Specter gas block

Lower:
    Sun devil manufacturing billet receiver

I find the Mega billet receiver a much better choice.

[​IMG]

Mega Machine billet from Rainier Arms, LLC™ great guys to deal with!

Parts kit:
    Spikes tactical enhanced

I like the ERGO!

Stock:
    VLTOR E-MOD Stock Black AR Rifles AEBK-MB

Yhm muzzle break

I prefer the Smith Enterprise Vortex.

Tapco sling system

I'm not a big fan of Tapco products.

3. mtdisme

mtdisme New Member

Thanks.

Anyone else? The more feedback the better!

4. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

I'm going with a Mid Length gas system on my 16" barrel over a carbine length, i think it has a smoother action and less work on the parts