first ar-15

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by defender116, Feb 27, 2012.

1. defender116

defender116 New Member

im buying a loki upper.. i want some suggestion on lowers and bcgs... i have around 800 to spend and im using it for hd and hunting and just regular shooting... im getting 300BLK its gonna cost me around 480... or 500.. so that gives me about 350 to play with... im afraid to peice together the lower because i dont want to screw things up.. any information or suggestions would be very helpful... again im up for suggestions to other ar playforms and calibers..

2. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

I would look at a spikes tactical lower. You can get a stripped one for just under a hundred bucks and a parts kit for about 60-80 bucks. Then you just gotta pick the buffer kit and stock

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I chose and ordered Spikes Tactical complete lower 2 weeks ago. Specially the Spider logo.. looks so awesome! Paid and they debited my money already. Im excited and looking forward to it. It will marry it to Daniel SBR which i ordered it too. Only God knows when these lower & upper will be shipped. Lol

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I went with this lower:

[​IMG]

Mega Machine billet. ^

I went with the RRA single stage LPK w/Ergo grip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assembly of the lower is a cake walk. We can help you build your own.

5. defender116

defender116 New Member

So it would cheaper to build my own lower? And I like the spikes lower.. I'm just afraid of screwing up my lower... And I already have a mil-spec moe stock od green in color and a zombie defense grip... Just need buffer tube and springs and trigger group

6. defender116

defender116 New Member

And the receiver of coarse

7. defender116

defender116 New Member

Okay I think I made my choice on the lower... Spikes tactical zombie lower with the standard parts kit and let them install it costs around 180 not including the buffer tube yet

8. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Sounds good man. Good luck with the rest of it and post some pics soon

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Make sure u use ARFCOM for 5% discount. It works as i used it ;)

10. defender116

defender116 New Member

You guys have been very helpful and if y'all want post some pics of your ar's... Thank you for the discount code ;) much appreciated

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

No problem bro! Its just a habit of mine searching for discount codes whenever i shop online on anything. If we are allowed to save money... Y not right? ;).
    Make sure you are have some patience. Spikes leadtime is about 6-10 weeks. Thats what i been told by their customer service about my order which i placed a week ago.

12. defender116

defender116 New Member

Wait time isn't a big deal to me I guess I'm going to put together my lower first then save to buy my upper... I'm going paycheck to paycheck and tryin to save for bills so I get about 200 per check to put into my ar :/ unfortunetly that means lots of waiting anyway hahaha

13. defender116

defender116 New Member

New question... Can you use 223 in a 5.56 upper

14. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

The way I understand it, a .223 barrel isn't designed for the greater pressures created by firing a 5.56 round. You can do a .223 round in a 5.56 barrel, but shouldn't do it the other way around. Probably won't blow on the first round, but eventually you'll have issues. When all else fails, check the markings on the barrel if you aren't sure.

15. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Yes you can. But not the other way around

16. defender116

defender116 New Member

The lower I chose

Attached Files: