First 12gauage baby!!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by kaido, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

As you could probably tell, I'm a little excited. I wet to a sportsmanship auction just down the street from me on the 17th and was able to actually get something.

I don't have any pictures of it since I was just enjoying the day, but I bought a Stevens/US arms co. Model 94E for a whopping 85 bucks. I know it's not all that fancy, but it's mine!! Haha

Only down side to it, the butt stock is cracked slightly. Since its small I figured I would fire it once or twice to officially call it mine. That's the only time I wish I had looked it over instead of the others long guns I was looking at.

Soon as I fired it, it popped open on me. It didn't eject the shell though. Least not until I pulled it out. Didn't take much effort to slide the spent shell out though. So just a little curious as to what you guys think the issue would be with it?

I do plan on taking it to the local gun smith and having him look it over to see what the issue might be, but your opinions might save me the trip. Also, when it was fired and popped open, the steel on brass portion had a lot of gunk on it. I know what you guys are thinking and it's probably the same hong I was. I should of cleaned it and had a certified person give it an inspection before firing it.

I'll be sure to post a picture first chance I get.

2. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

The only time I wouldn't bring a gun to a smith is if it is brand new gun/used gun from a store. Our if you have been around that gun and know it works with no issues.

3. kaido

kaido New Member

That's why I was thinking to bring it to one before a first fired it. But i let my excitement get s hold of me.