Firing Range Weapon

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ChiefWiggums, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ChiefWiggums

ChiefWiggums New Member

At my local firing range, they sell nothing but .454 or .480 or .50 AE ammunition. What would be a good target shooting gun that uses this kind of ammo?

2. Don Lu

Don Lu New Member

Why would they "only" sell this ammo at a range....most people dont have the guns too shoot it. I dont understand the logic on their part....To answer you question...Deagle in .50AE

3. crossfire

crossfire New Member

Big-bore target pistol

The Magnum Research BFR. It's based on the Ruger Blackhawk single action, half the price of a Desert Eagle and very accurate.

4. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I'd start looking for another range if it were me.

5. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

I never buy my ammunition from the range; I find it better to purchase direct from the manufacturer.

6. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

If they only sell those calibers, do they also rent out the guns? I have never been to a range that rents gun at all, but I've heard many do. I suppose from a business standpoint, they see those calibers as very expensive to shoot, and not many people own guns in those calibers. Sooo... If they can get a few people a week to drop $25 on ammo and a another $$$? on a gun rental just so they can say they have shot one, or have the experience of shooting one, it makes sense.