Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my local firing range, they sell nothing but .454 or .480 or .50 AE ammunition. What would be a good target shooting gun that uses this kind of ammo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why would they "only" sell this ammo at a range....most people dont have the guns too shoot it. I dont understand the logic on their part....To answer you question...Deagle in .50AE

·
Registered
237 Posts
Big-bore target pistol

The Magnum Research BFR. It's based on the Ruger Blackhawk single action, half the price of a Desert Eagle and very accurate.

·
Registered
937 Posts
At my local firing range, they sell nothing but .454 or .480 or .50 AE ammunition. What would be a good target shooting gun that uses this kind of ammo?
I'd start looking for another range if it were me.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If they only sell those calibers, do they also rent out the guns? I have never been to a range that rents gun at all, but I've heard many do. I suppose from a business standpoint, they see those calibers as very expensive to shoot, and not many people own guns in those calibers. Sooo... If they can get a few people a week to drop $25 on ammo and a another $$$? on a gun rental just so they can say they have shot one, or have the experience of shooting one, it makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts