Firing pin on Sig Pro 2340

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Bigguns911, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

I am attempting to remove the firing pin on a Sig Pro 2340. In the past I have removed the firing pin retaining pin and disassembled the slid. I found info on the proper procedures online last time. I have been unable to find any info this time. So the question to you gun smiths is, what direction to I push the firing pin retaining to in. Looking at the back of the slid as if I was shooting it. Do I push the pin to the right or to the left. One side of the pin has groves in it, I suspect to keep it from turning or coming loose. The other side has no groves and looks like it has a taper to it.

2. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

Today I said screw it and I tried pushing the pin the other way. It fell right out with out any binding. So the answer to my question is, the pin is pushed from right to left when looking down the slid as if you were shooting the gun. A few taps and out it came. Putting it back in, left to right, push it in as much as possible by hand then tap it back in. Firing pin is not as clean as from factory. Thanks to all that looked and gave some thought to it.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My apologies sir, but I have not had the pleasure of getting a Sig in my shop. I am still working on RG's and Sterlings.

4. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

Not a problem, I found out a lot of new stuff when I took it apart. I love working on guns. Thanks for the consideration.