Fireworks

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Harland, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Harland

Harland New Member

Went down to MO with aunt and bought some fun works today. Spent about $18 on small ones (crackle bombs, tanks, shogun ball) and picked up some small cakes. Might post a few pics later.

So any one else got some big bangs saved up?

2. Jynx

Jynx New Member

I wish. Az tends to be uber anti-fireworks :(

3. Harland

Harland New Member

same with iowa. surprised the AZ would be anti fireworks, can't you buy dissembled m16s there? If all else fails take some black powder, wick, and ping pong balls and make some cherry bombs lol.

4. bkt

bkt New Member

New York is also anti-fireworks. Pennsylvania is anti-fireworks but only to Pennsylvanians. Out-of-state folks can buy what they want. (Yeah, it's a weird system, but it works.) So, we drive south to PA every year and drop a couple thousand bucks on a huge assortment of stuff and set it off at a buddy's cottage on Lake Ontario. VERY nice display lasting a long while.

I'm headed up there tomorrow afternoon for a few days of boating, fishing, jet-skiing, beer-drinking and general relaxation with a bunch of good folks. Can't wait!!

5. Jynx

Jynx New Member

I know... Doesn't make sense to me either.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

There are fireworks stands 20 feet across the border in PA and they ID you if you want to buy to verify you are an out of state resident. I'm surprised MD doesn't do the same in reverse to PA.

I think snakes are about all that is legal in MD anymore, sparklers are not even legal. But I can go buy a large container of black powder at Bass Pro shops no questions asked, that makes perfect sense????

7. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

Here in GA they have a grading system. They can't sell firecrackers at all. After that, they cannot sell or shoot off anything graded "4" or above in either display or height (don't quote me on that but you get the picture). Bottle rockets are consider a grade 4 in height if that gives a perspective. So we will get some little stuff and take part in the festivities in the area.

8. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Here in CO anything that leaves the ground is illegal I believe :rolleyes: that doesn't stop people from making the short drive to the Wyoming border and buying a ton of "illegal" fireworks. Literally as soon as you cross the border you see a lot of fireworks businesses.

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

A lot of my work this weekend will be dealing with "illegal fireworks." We have a town ordinance against them and the Chief is very adamant that we enforce it.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What ever you want you can get it here in VA. We can get the big 8" mortars down to black cats and m-80's.....

11. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

BKT, sounds like a good time! Enjoy your trip and stay safe!

Jersey is fireworkd dry, gotta go outa state to buy.

12. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

But Pennsylvania residents can go to Ohio and buy all the fireworks they want and transport them legally back into PA. Not that I would condone that type of behavior;)

John Adams 1776 on Independence Day "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations (fireworks), from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

13. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I can not have fireworks neither so I am gonna take my daughter downtown where they shoot them off of the USS North Carolina. It is really nice and fun oh and beautiful right on the waterfront.:)

14. Harland

Harland New Member

agreed, besides that do have the right to pursue happiness.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Here in Ohio, we can buy all the fireworks we want...from little inocuous stuff to some big mortar stuff. The hitch is that you have to sign a piece of paper stating that you are taking the stuff out of state, and you have to name the state. (Gate, we always say PA) Some places ask for ID and they photocopy your ID on the paper. Stupid, just plain stupid. It is illegal to set them off in Ohio, but you can buy all you want...

I can understand pyrotecnics being illegal in high wildfire areas, as that poses a huge risk to human life that is immediate and long term.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

We set off a rather big fire that took 9 trucks and 3 dozers to contain at Ft. Hoot **Whistling looking around***

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I did not realize so many other states had such stiff fireworks restrictions. Bummerooni.

In CA it is a "county by county" thing. But LA has some pretty sensitive sensors that nail down locations pretty fast.

18. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

This is crazy, but there is way to buy in PA if you live in PA. If you can get a city(or town, village, borough, municipality) official to sign a form saying the fireworks are for legal purposes, or something like that, then you can buy.

I know a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy that lives next door to a small town mayor. I'm just sayin'

19. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hell here in Oregon they are nazi's with fireworks. Dive an hour and a half to two hours up to Tokeland Indian Res and you get all the big boomers, firecracker, nipser daisies, hoosker doos and hoosker dont's, (with or without the scooter stick), whistling bungholes, and kitty chasers. You name it they sell it.