Firefield Scope Laser issues

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by jfinch2377, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jfinch2377

jfinch2377 New Member

Has anyone ever sighted in a laser on a Firefield scope? There are 4 hex screws that you can adjust, but I've spent an hour messing with it and can't get it to line up with the crosshairs on scope. Any suggestions?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

I've never heard of such a thing to be honest. Have you got a link to the manufacturer's website??

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I tend to avoid scopes that combine lasers. Most are marketing gimmicks and not well made. Is the dot moving at all with the adjustment screws? Generally a laser would be sighted for short range use and the scope sighted for long range. Height over the bore, and distance to teh side from teh bore will be an issue. Laser beams are basically straight lines, and bullets travel in an arc, so the laser will really only point to the bullets point of impact at one set distance.

4. jfinch2377

jfinch2377 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1389904225.777655.jpg

See that's the thing, I can adjust some of the screws and nothing moves, and other ones move it a lot. Totally confusing. I just want the laser sighted in at like 10-15 yards. The scope is at 100.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Hard to tell but it looks like you loosen one and tighten the opposite to get it to move. Then tighten the loose one when done and so on

6. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

What Jon mentions is correct. The way this system works is you pick a Target which can be shot to get a POI with the Lazer. Roll/Rotate the Lazer to give you a Screw for Up/Down and a Screw for Left/Right. This will give you Screws at 4 corners like N/S/E/W directions. You need to make sure you can get to ALL 4 Screws to adjust easily. If Screw seems to stop, you then back off(ever so slightly) the opposite Screw, and go back to other side to keep moving the Lazer to where you want. It's a tedious procedure, but once you get Lazer lined up on Target for good POI, you lock/snug down all Screws which will keep the Lazer in alignment with POI Distance that you've chosen. During all this adjusting you're also shooting Target like a Scope adjustment to walk Bullets to Bullseye.
    Del

7. AlotOfPayne

AlotOfPayne New Member

I got a laser when I bought a rail for my AR, it had the same way you explained four screws. Honestly it was a piece of junk and I'm not knocking your scope but I'm pretty sure the laser is just a piece of junk. How much did you pay for the scope laser combo

8. jfinch2377

jfinch2377 New Member

Thanks. I'll try the above tomorrow and let you know if it worked.

$100. I honestly only shoot it 4-5 times per year, so no need for an expensive scope. The scope itself is actually pretty nice though.

9. AlotOfPayne

AlotOfPayne New Member

As long as it meets the needs for you it's all good but like the other guy said most the time it's a combo your gonna get screwed on one end it's more of a selling point then a practical tool good thing that the scope works for you. Hopefully you get the laser figured out