Firearm's Talk Adopt A Vet Program!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dog2000tj, Jun 6, 2009.

1. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Ok folks lets do this. Bobby hasn't asked for it, neither has his uncle Jake. But dammit it just isn't right that a vet can't afford to buy himself a case of beer. So lets get together and get him some beer, or whatever else he wishes that will put a smile on his face. I'm in for a case of whatever uncle Jake wants. Who else is in? :)

Bobby, please pm or post the address to where this needs to go. And don't get all huffy about this, your old with high blood pressure and I'll kick your *** :p

JD NOTE: I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME TO ADOPT A VET AND WE WILL HAVE THIS STICKIED FOR ALL TO SEE FREQUENTLY. IF YOU HAVE A VET THAT NEEDS HELP, FIREARM'S TALK MOST EXCELLENT MEMBERS WILL BE THERE TO SAY THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009

2. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Of fu**in course I am in for this Dog. Here is what we need Bobby.

A list of things that Uncle needs. Then ONE member takes ONE ITEM and sends it to him. That way he does not get bombarded by cases of beer and smokes. ( we want to help him, not send him into a drunken stupor:D)

Any thing he needs he will get by the members of FTT I am sure.

So we know that Beer (brands or brand unknown)
    Smokes
    Gift cards to stores AROUND that area

Anything else that I am forgetting?

You are now over your head Bobby and need to supply us VIA pm an address.

Does anyone else have a VET that needs some ITEMS if so post up gawddammit. Let us help.

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I'm in,

Does Budweiser accept Pay-Pal

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm in for a case or a card or a carton or whatever. I seem to remember something about a "beer of the month" club, but i don't know if he would enjoy the variety more than his favorite. Does he enjoy reading; maybe some magazine or newspaper subscriptions to help pass the time (maybe some movies)? The Veteran certainly gave up some fun for us; he is owed.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Since this is going to take the co-operation of proud people, I would like to say this:

THIS IS NOT CHARITY, SO DON'T EVEN THINK IT IS, YOU STUBBORN GOATS

This is nothing more than a thanks that never tires of its meaning or heartfelt feelings. If you do not want to make this a public forum deal, then pm the members who are willing to just say 'thanks'.

I wish to say thanks in this way as well. :)

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'll send whatever is needed.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I'm in dog, I need the intel of DZ of package delivery.

8. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

All right here we go.

Out of touch for the last two days. You dogs would dang near make this old man tear up. Almost. I had Joe Chapple, Charles Mabe, Troy lingerfelt, Frank Williams, Arthur Burcham (POW), Skeebo Bowers (Tanker, Hellcats mystery Div.) and I'm missing a couple all over at Jakes yesterday. All WWII Vets. Beers were hosted by old timers in honor of friends lost, the real heros still over there. Steaks, and chicken were grilled. They all had a set down on the porch cook out, and eating. War stories were swapped. Bar stories, and fights were spoke of. I was the cook, and made sure everybody had a ride and got home safe. Three were in the D-day invasion. Others in the Pacific. 8 hours of being young again. They all drink Budweiser (lordy) I had a beer or 12myself. Uncle Jake Smokes Pall Mall blues, I got him off the unfiltered Pall Malls. I told him in private about you Gentlemen, and your offers. He said if you wanted to buy him a beer or a pack of smokes, fine. Since many here are Vets also, it's good. I just tried to figure the easiest way. I will buy it for him, if you men want to chip in some fine. I will post you the receipts. Anything you do will be covered by a receipt. This is the only way I'll do it. If you want to mail a carton of Pall Mall blues. Fine. Shipping Beer Would be costly. I do think you need pics of Jake to put on here. This way you'll know him. How does this sound to all of you.

9. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Now, if you guys have a Vet, or hero like mine that could use a little help. I'M IN. Well, crap I forgot the main thing. I called Randy Kegley, a local reporter, Landmark communications. He is doing a story on several D-Day, and Pacific Vets, who have been crapped on by the VA system, and forgotten. Also Congressman Rick Boucher (DEM) is wanting in for PR reasons I'm sure. But, I'll take his pull if it does any good. Let's just see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Thanks, bobby. I think a pic of the man of men would be appreciated. I'm happy to do what I can.

PM me a name and address, and I will ship off a carton of Pall Mall blue in king size. I hope that box is ok, because that is exactly what I currently smoke. If he prefers soft pack, let me know in the pm. I can get something shipped wednesday or thursday. Heck of a family, bobby. It is clear where you got your fathering ability. I can only hope that my young son will in 'the long run' be as proud of me as I am of him and my father alike. :D Family.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  11. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Send Uncle Jakes Address to me as well Brother!

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Sounds like you all had a good time bobby. I'm in for this however you feel comfortable doing it. :) PM the address and I'll send smokes or money for beer, whichever your uncle wants.

And congratulations on getting some media attention. I hope it helps out.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

What kind of beer does he like?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who came to this site from HomeBrewTalk.com and I'm sure there are a couple of us who can brew up some good beer to send out.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Send me an address or paypal address for some "pitch in" on the beer/fun fund. Thanks

15. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Big Thanks to all

I have found out, if you have a concern, a problem, even hint at a need, the men and women on the forum will jump in with any help they can give. Times in our country are tough. People who have great needs of their own want to help a Vet. You people are THE BEST BAR NONE. Jake is doing great. Due the great generosity of people here. I will not name these men. Here is Jakes message to all of you.
    There are other men that need help more than I do. I am not a hero. The hero's are still over there. I was just lucky to come home to people that take care of their own. Thank all of you people that are keeping up my habits. At 86 years old I am not worried about what is going to kill me some day. He laughed at this.
    All I can say is THANKS FRIENDS, GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS YOU GUYS.
    Bob

16. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

CRS again

Now, guys look around. There are more Vets that need a little help. Jake is covered well. Due to Congressman Rick Boucher, reporter Randy Kegley, and others. He has a TV, and cable. Free. Meds are being covered again. He is living comfortable. If anything arises, I'll clue you guys in. Thanks again. I am just a little overcome by you guys, and your generosity. I don't have the words.

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Well shiat! Does your Uncle know of someone that needs something? Let us know. I told Mrs. Skullcrusher what was going on, and she was the one who went to the post office to take care of things. She asked me who else was in need...

Don't get on the bad side of my Mrs. I'm not kidding. Let us know, bobby. :D

18. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Bobby that is great news to hear. No need for thanks buddy. :)

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Most excellent news Bobby - If anyone knows a Vet in need, PLEASE SPEAK UP!!

We have one of the best online forum communities out there and we have PLENTY of awesome members who are willing to reach out and help at the mere suggestion of a problem.

Thank you to all who helped make that "old vet" a little more comfortable.

JD