Firearms security... NOT!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by buckhuntr, Jun 16, 2014.

1. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My youngest stepson is looking to buy a house. Mrs Buckhuntr met up with him and his Realtor to look at some houses after work this afternoon. What she told me after returning home a few minutes ago had me just flabbergasted at how clueless some people can be about securing their firearms when they are having their home shown.
    The house in question is in Jenks, a suburb of Tulsa. They get to the house, there's no real estate sign in sight, and the front door is unlocked. Stepson's Realtor called the listing Realtor, who said it was ok to go in, the homeowner went next door while it was being shown. So they go in, start looking and critiquing, then get to the master bedroom, where they saw... A cop's gun, belt and cuffs laying in the open, unsecured, on TOP of the safe!! A friggin' COP went next door while complete strangers traipsed through his house, and left his duty weapon UNSECURED and in the open?! :eek:

And we mere citizens are expected to just take it on faith that all LEOs know wtf they are doing, in terms of competency. Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

????? Huh ?????

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

So....... Does the belt fit you?

:p:D;):):rolleyes:

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

We may be expected to, but I don't. I probably couldn't have resisted busting some chops over that one.:D

5. buckhuntr

Dunno, they didn't bring it home to me. :(

6. buckhuntr

BTW, my OP was not intended to bash cops, but just to bash this particular cop, who probably shouldn't be one, if his carelessness and irresponsibility in this instance is any indication.

As for as dumbassery, agree that it isn't limited to LEO or the citizenry, but can afflict any and all at times. I have met some outstanding LEOs, some not so great, and some downright ****heads. YMMV

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I can't believe the incredible carelessness of leaving a firearm unattended like that. That is beyond stupid.

8. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

The question I would of had for the realtor is "does the gun belt and gun come with the house?"

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. buckhuntr

So why did posts just up and disappear from this thread? :confused:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Because someone thought I was busting somebody`s chops when all I was doing was basically echoing what you had said.............