Firearms Inventory

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Apr 23, 2011.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Do you keep your firearms inventory in some sort of data base (Open Office, MS Office, or MS Works)?

What field names do you have?

I am thinking of creating one for my personal guns, and am trying to get ideas.

Thanks.

2. Jay

Jay New Member

I made up an Excel spreadsheet. It's easy, infinitely customizable, add pics, any sort of data you wish, and it's simple to move from one storage device to another, and I put formula's in to keep track of the totals of how much I've paid, and current values gug-by-gun, as well as total value of the collection... Here's a link to a sample page...

http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/Gunstuffsample.xls

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I took an inventory of my ammo and reloading supplies not long ago but I did it on paper. Doing on in excel would make keeping a running total a lot easier. dan, thanks for adding something to my to do list.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have a friend that has so many guns that the only way he can keep track is on the computer. Sadly, I no longer have that problem. :eek:

However, for ammunition, I have a very simple criteria: enough or not enough. :D

5. danf_fl

Any time Spitty. (I know you have nothing else to do.) :)

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

This is what I use. Crude, but it works for me.

Attached Files:

7. danf_fl

Lon, should another field on how much you have invested in each firearm be considered?
    How about identifying upgrades, modifications?
    I have some that I have "market" price, others have extensive upgrades.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I think I'd rather not know how much I've invested, might puke. :eek:

9. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I have a nice little leather book that is built for gun inventory. Nothing for ammo though, that I have to think about.

NRAStore.com - Product Detail

10. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I was gonna use a book.. I was thinking of putting a breif description, list anything that maybe specific to just my gun, the SN#, and a picture

11. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I do basically the same thing. But I am kind of enjoying my new online inventory: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/my-favorite-revolvers-41554/ I might start one with my pistols next! :p

notdku had a great idea, thanks